Chapter 8

I woke up in the morning to a knock on my door.

"Who the hell could that be?" I mutter to myself as I drag my ass out of bed. I look through the window to see Finn, shuffling from foot to foot. I yank the door open and glare at his annoyingly beautiful face.

"What are you doing here at eight in the morning?" He gives me a sheepish smile and shrugs.

"You said I could come over whenever I wanted." I roll my eyes and cross my arms, trying to hide the way my nipples are hardening under my tank top.

"I didn't think you'd wake me up at the crack of dawn."

"Dawn was at six thirty this morning. I was on a run and watched the sunrise."

I gave him a look that made it clear I was not in the mood to argue over semantics. I was about ready to send him on his way and tell him to come back in a few hours when he held up a bag of food.

"I brought breakfast burritos."

Well. That changes things.

"You may enter." I step aside and allow him into the living room. His shoulders are so broad he has to turn his body to get them through the door. He looks so comfy in his black t shirt and basketball shorts and all I want to do is go back to bed and snuggle with him.

So that's what I decide to do. I don't know if I'm still so tired I'm practically drunk, or if the conversation I had with Penny about trusting him and enjoying being with him finally hit home, but I put the food in the fridge and grabbed his hand, pulling him towards my bedroom.

"Come on."

"Where are we going, sweetheart?"

"To sleep. It's too early to function."

I push him down on my bed and giggle at his wide eyes. He looked like a giant in my queen size bed, his feet nearly hanging off the end. I crawl in next to him and pulled the white comforter up. He still seems shocked at what's happening because he barely moves.

"What, you've never snuggled before?" I inquire sleepily.

"Um, not really." I look up at him with a confused look.

"I wasn't really interested in relationships until I met you. I've never met anyone like you." I smile and snuggle up to him, resting my head on his chest as he wraps a large, muscled arm around me and pulls me close.

"Well, you're gonna have to practice snuggling then, because it's one of my favorite things to do."

His chest rumbles with his quiet laughter and I can feel the vibrations through my body. I blush and nuzzle my face into his chest to hide it. I breathe in his scent and it has a calming effect on me. I feel a gentle kiss to my head as he lazily rubs his hand up and down my back before I fall into a peaceful sleep.

I woke up a few hours later and tried to snuggle closer to the source of warmth in my bed. Then I realized that warmth was Finn. I opened my eyes slowly and peeked up at him. He was still sleeping, one hand on my waist, the other threaded through my hair and our legs had tangled together.

I took the opportunity to be creepy and stare at him. He's just so pretty. And he looked so peaceful sleeping. The only thing that could have made it better was if his shirt was off.

Finn started to stir so I sat up on my elbows a little. Two large hands reached out to grip my shoulders and haul me back into his hard chest.

"Where do you think you're going?" He asked, his voice husky from sleep. It sent shivers through me and I had to hold in a groan.