Cassiopeia's Past Part 1

"Let me get this straight... you followed him into a club?" Leandre asks, clarifying the report of the two men in front of him.

It is eight in the morning on a Saturday. Leandre has just finished his daily workout routine when his two friends specifically requested to meet him. Turns out, the two had quite the fun adventure last night with the report they immediately conveyed. Still, Leandre is already grateful that the two even accepted his orders despite it being a dangerous task.

"No, we tried to follow him inside," Dylan quickly replies.

"Yeah. But this idiot got compelled and decided it was the best course of action to kill me." Xavier glares at Dylan before sighing.

Leandre remains quiet as he scans the document provided by the two. It is only natural for them to write a narrative report of what happened with the investigation. 'Compulsion, huh... so we are dealing with vampires. They've been throwing some of their victims in random territories. It'll be bad if humans find out about the supernatural realm.'

"Hey! You knocked me out so we're even now. I think you even fractured my skull," Dylan complains while holding his forehead.

"Anything else out of the ordinary?" Leandre inquires, closing the folder and placing it on his table.

"Just this weird conversation about rats, owls, and crows along with experiments. I don't understand their sudden interest in animals or why they'd even talk about those things. We've only ever heard their conversation clearly yesterday so I can't say for sure if that's important. I've been thinking and somehow I came up with a theory."

Leandre nods, urging him to carry on.

"I think the rats they're talking about are the humans and that they're doing something to them."

"If humans are the rats, does that mean the owls and crows pertain to the vampires and werewolves? Is that why vampires are suddenly baring their fangs and coming out of their caves?" Leandre thinks out loud. "Then what experiments are they even doing if that's the case?"

Dylan scratches his head and then suggests, "Well... we could infiltrate the club next weekend. Knock out the vampires. Free the victims?"

Xavier playfully smacks Dylan's head at his simple idea. "You idiot! That's easier said than done. We don't even have the means to access their club! We're going to need someone to go undercover and try to gather more information."

"Most of their victims are female so we could have one of our own disguise themselves to infiltrate their base," Dylan argues back.

"Even so..." Leandre interferes before another squabble breaks out between the two, "We're talking about vampires here. We cannot just rush in without a proper plan. We'll need to consult the Alpha Summers about this... This afternoon, you two will come with me and my family to the Blood Moon pack's party. Remember to dress accordingly. Print another copy of this report."

Dylan and Xavier bow and say in unison, "Understood."

----

"Why are you nervous? You've been to the packhouse before," Valerie mutters as she munches on her apple.

It is already four in the afternoon and we are currently on our way to the packhouse with Jace as our designated driver.

Though my actual birthday was yesterday, Val told me Chris decided to throw a party at the packhouse to formally introduce me to the pack members. They mentioned that the pack throws one every year for the new members that have just shifted as part of their initiation into the pack. It usually happens twice a year specifically on the last week of January and the first week of July, so I don't understand why they're trying to hold one for me alone now. That would just make me stand out.