23

Changbin led us all to an open grass field just outside of the amusement park. There were already a lot of people there, sitting around and waiting for the fireworks show to start.

"Angel come sit next to me," Jisung said, patting an open spot on the grass next to him. Gladly, I took the seat, immediately feeling his arm around my shoulder.

"Yeah, I'm just going to sit somewhere else," Hyunjin said after taking one look at us. The rest of the group decided to sit behind us, all of them in their own little bubbles.

"This shit better be good if Changbin dragged us all here," Hana groaned after taking a seat next to Felix.

"Oh trust me it is," Changbin reassured. "By the end of this, you'll be thanking me."

"Doubt it," Minho scoffed after sitting on the opposite side of Hana. "Don't trust him."

"Hey, rude!" Changbin said, throwing an empty water bottle at Minho.

"Everyone shut up already, it's about to start," Seungmin snapped. We all quieted down and looked up at the sky expectantly.

The first firework went off as a colorful spray of blue, red, and green painted the black sky. I couldn't remember the last time I had seen fireworks but I was already enchanted.

Jisung pulled me closer and I tilted my head to meet his gaze. We were looking at each other with little hearts in our eyes and smiles on our mouths. I could smell his signature scent as I rested my head on his shoulder. In this moment, it was only the two of us, looking up at the vast night sky to enjoy a firework show.

More and more fireworks littered the sky, each one a different shape and color. With Jisung's arm around me, I felt safe and at peace despite the loud booms that would go off every time a firework was launched.

Finally, the last golden firework lit up the sky, the biggest one yet. As the sparks slowly died down, the night sky was left as a blank canvas once more. Everyone around us cheered and clapped at the amazing show.

"That was actually really pretty!" I sighed, looking up into Jisung's eyes.

"I know, I enjoyed it a lot," Jisung smiled. "Especially since you were right next to me."

"And the flirt comes out once again," I laughed, playfully rolling my eyes.

"You know, I really want to kiss you now," Jisung's voice suddenly turned very low, a soft mumble that only I could hear. His words caused my heart to skip a beat, especially knowing that all of our friends were right behind us, probably watching us.

But the thought of that only caused me to become even more daring. I whispered back to him every so softly. "Do it."

Without hesitation, Jisung's lips met mine, a feeling that felt so right. I never realized how much I was craving this until he kissed me.

The kiss didn't last long and wasn't the most emotional. I knew Jisung intentionally pulled away sooner than usual as per my request of keeping a somewhat family friendly kiss in front of everyone. Nevertheless, it made my heart do somersaults and left me wanting more.

I buried my head in the crook of Jisung's neck as I heard the shouts and claps from behind us.

"AHH Y'ALL ARE TOO CUTE!" Hana squealed.

"THE JIRA SHIP HAS SAILED!" Minho shouted, violently clapping.

"Why am I so single?" Changin wailed, fake crying.

"I fucking knew it!" Jeongin laughed. "Ever since the beginning, I knew it!"

"I'm not even going to call him out on language," Chan sighed. "The kid clearly isn't innocent anymore and there's no use."

"NO MY BABY JEONGIN IS INNOCENT, SHUT UP CHAN!" Hyunjin said, tightly wrapping his arms around an annoyed Jeongin.

"Guys, are we ready to go?" Jisung asked, interrupting whatever was going on between them. He held my hand, our shoulders now touching.

"Yes, yes we are," Seungmin said, standing up. "I miss my bed."

"Ara, I did not expect you to do that!" Hana whispered, unable to contain her squeals. "You don't even know how hard I ship the two of you!"

I simply blushed, hoping the darkness of the night would hide my rosy cheeks. We all walked back to the parking lot, thoroughly happy with the fun day we had.