Walk with eyes open, miss 😉

“Admirable”.
It was the only word that had involuntarily escaped out of Arjun’s mouth when he rose from one of the upholstered chairs he was seated on inside the conference room. The meeting with the executive directors and senior management officers had been culminated and he was mesmerized not only with Neha’s beauty but with her profound knowledge and passion towards her work also.

Throughout the discussion, Arjun’s dark brown orbs were fixed at the elegant woman who was giving her valuable inputs every now and then while the discussion about the ways to prevent the depreciation of Indian rupee was held inside the closed rooms.

“Thank you, sir”, Neha whispered with a sweet smile on her face. Despite, she had found that Arjun was perhaps, a pervert early in the morning yet, a word of appreciation from him felt good. Her spirits were high as always as she got up and left the conference hall while Arjun’s eyes were stuck at the retreating figure of a pulchritudinous woman.

“What you admired the most? Her attractive looks or her intelligent thoughts.” His brain teased him and he smiled sheepishly as he realized he was admiring both her attractive persona and her brilliance.

Clad in a icy blue shirt and black trousers, she looked attractive in the work attire but Arjun was surely impressed with her prudent knowledge, profound sense of observation and analytical thinking. More than everything, Arjun admired the immense passion and love, she had in her pitch black eyes, for her work.

He was the last one to leave the conference hall while his mind was occupied with her thoughts. Neha, on the other hand, rushed to the washroom after a three hour meeting before going back to her cabin. She had attended lot many meetings with Mr. Sinha and other senior officers but she admired the way Arjun had allowed her to speak her mind and sensibly put her thoughts in front of everyone despite she was junior to him in the hierarchy.

Everyone had praised her today and she was glad that her thoughts were finally going to be implemented for the welfare of the nation. The senior executives had demanded an intensive report on the proposal of implementation of the ideas discussed in the meeting but she was waiting for the orders from the new manager.

“He isn’t that bad”, Neha wondered as she was genuinely impressed by his ways to promote a healthy discussion inside the meeting room.

“No, he must be a pervert. Perhaps, he is trying to be in your good books.” Her brain advised as she looked at her guarded self in the mirror.

“Stay safe”, her brain suggested as she decided to not let her guards down around him. She was already embarrassed at their encounter in the terrace so she resolved to avoid any such issues in future while she headed back to her cabin and engrossed herself in work.

Arjun, on the other hand, glanced at her cabin while he walked towards his. He needed to instruct her about the reports. He could realize that he was acting differently around her which might make her uncomfortable. Contemplating if he should go ahead with a formal face-to-face discussion or not, he decided to shoot an email to her.

“I bet you want to talk with her again”, his brain mocked at him.

A sheepish smile played on his lips when he mumbled, “She is a beauty with brains”.

Fighting with the urges to call her and discuss about the pending appeals of the FFMCs or the report that was needed to prepare regarding today’s discussion, he typed an email,

Dear Madam
I want you to prepare the proposal about implementation of your ideas in today’s discussion and send it to me by the end of the day so I could make changes if necessary.
Regards
General Manager
Forex Department,
Federal Bank of India