A Step Closer 💕

‘Explorer Enterprises’, a leading in-house banking giant was a budding organization looking forward to get the authorized dealership in the foreign exchange markets. The shareholders of the company had filed an application for the license.

It was a busy day. Neha was collating the data of their past expenditures and investments in the national and international market. The manager had assigned the duty of verifying the claims made by the applicant and Neha was diligently doing her work when her phone buzzed with a notification.

A smile crept on her lips as she read the system message, that stated the deduction of thirty thousand rupees. The debited amount was nothing but the EMI of her house that she had purchased three months ago.

When Neha had joined the Federal Bank of India as an employee, she had always dreamt of purchasing a house, a dwelling for herself, her mental peace and her solace. She had always wanted to own a small house that she could fall in love with, the walls she could pamper with vibrant colors and the corners she could decorate as per her choice. She always wanted a place she could call her home.

Four months ago, Neha had enough savings to pay the required twenty percent so that she could apply the for a home loan and purchase her dream house. She was finally able to finalize a 2BHK apartment in one of the posh housing societies.

Though the apartment could not fulfill her dream of growing the floral plants in her lawn or enjoy the cool breeze under the shimmering sheet of stars on the terrace, it had a spacious balcony where she could nurture the floral plants in the pots and relish the cool breeze while sipping coffee. She had fallen in love with the balcony when she had seen the apartment two months ago and she had decided to buy it.

As she was a central government employee, getting a loan sanctioned was an easy process and her dream of decorating her own space freely was finally fulfilled. The house warming ceremony was attended by her siblings who were really happy at her success. She was reminiscing the delightful memories when her phone rang and she had a reason to get paranoid.

Her mother did not call her in the working hours unless it was an emergency or she had to hurl curses at her daughter for being a disgrace. Neha was in her happy mood and she was least interested to her whatever her mother had to say. At the same time, Neha knew that her mother would incessantly call her if she would not receive the phone call.

Letting out an exasperated sigh, Neha received the phone and hissed, “Ma, I am in a meeting”.

Anju had been watching her favorite TV serial while Sheetal had been preparing the lunch for the family when Ramesh had called Anju to inform that Rohan Aggarwal, the Ambala based guy and a prospective groom for their daughter was visiting Delhi next week and Neha could meet him there.

Anju was elated with the news and she had decided to call Neha and inform her however, when her daughter told her that she was busy, Anju was annoyed.

“I know that you don't have time for the family and remember, I’m also not interested to talk to you”, her mother hollered at Neha and she was baffled.

“Why can’t Ma be polite?” Neha thought as her eyes turned glossy. She hated to be vulnerable however, after the fiasco of the called off engagement, she could not control her emotions. All she longed for, was the love of her parents and she was unfortunate as it was the only thing she couldn't get ever.

“The only reason I’m calling is, your father had called and asked to inform you that Rohan will be visiting Delhi in the coming week and he would call you to meet. Behave properly and don't do anything because of which Rohan would reject you.” Her mother shouted from the other side and mumbled a meek ‘yes’ after which the call was disconnected.