Ray of Hope ✨️

It was the usual Monday morning, but Arjun was depressed. Except for a short message conversation, he had not spoken to Neha since yesterday. Now he knew about the relationship she shared with her parents, and he was worried about her.

Last night, Arjun had called Neha hoping to have a conversation with her but all she had said was, "Arjun, please take an off tomorrow, I want to visit you at your place".

He was tensed when she had applied for a leave however, all his worries went into drain when he realized that she wanted to spend some time with him. Somewhere, in some corner of his heart, he felt that a storm was coming in their happy bubble but finally he had hopes that their relationship would survive, after all, Neha had let him in, not just in her joys but also in her sorrows!

Today, Arjun was so anxious that he did not take Bruno for a walk. Simply, patting on the back of his old dog, he smiled as he took Bruno in his arms and laid on the bed, snuggling to him; remembering those good, old days when Bruno acted cupid in his life.

Neha had a headache when she got up beside her mom. She hated sleeping in with her mother but when last night her father had complained about gastric issues, her mother had come to her room. She wanted solace last night but she fid not get any. She wanted to speak to Arjun but all her plans were ruined. She was not in mood to attend office but she dragged herself from her bed to act like it was a working day for her. She wanted to meet Arjun and discuss her issues. She wanted to get married to him, no matter what it took.

Standing under the shower, Neha cried out in pain and agony as water trickled down her body. She hated her parents to an extent that she was ready to leave them. All her life she had craved for their love but all she got was humiliation. She was tired of being a good girl and hearing their taunts. For once, she was ready to run away from everything and everyone. She knew Arjun would support her. However, she was ready to take a stand for herself even if Arjun wouldn't. She was done with her parents.

Wearing a lavender coloured kurta with matching leggings, Neha made sure to wrap a dupatta around her body. She refrained to wear her favourite oxidized silver earrings because she did not want her to say something that would ruin her mood for the rest of the day.

She was so excited to run away from her own house that she got ready as early as eight in the clock. Her workplace was not that far but her parents did not deserve to know. As soon as Meera came, she asked her to prepare a sandwich for her. Grabbing a sandwich and coffee, Neha sat on the dinning table and began to eat.

"Your maid didn't serve me. Also, I am not eating bread in the morning, I need proper breakfast. Ask her to make some poha." Her father said frowning and she continued to munch her meal. With food in her mouth, she yelled, "Meera, cook some poha", refraining her urge to laugh when her mother made a disgusting face and mumbled, "Neha, is this your etiquette!".

"Why are you leaving this early?" Her father asked when she picked up her bag to leave. It was eight in the morning. Her office began at ten and she was early, indeed but little did her father know that she was on leave!

"I have to reach early", she murmured.

"Come home early today. I will arrange a video ca with Varun. Talk to him once and remember, you don't have a choice to deny this alliance." Her father reminded her while she walked out of her own apartment without replying to him.

Once inside the elevator, the waterworks broke. The tears knew no bounds as they trickled down her eyes while Neha sobbed silently, thankful to the fact that there was no one in the elevator along with her.

Rushing out of her housing society, Neha hired an e-rickshaw and went to Arjun's place. Throughout the journey, she was preparing herself for the talk. She wanted him to find a way out. She was not looking forward to marry Varun. Amidst her turmoil, she did not even realize when she reached the destination until the driver asked her to get down. Paying the driver, she entered Arjun's house and once, inside the premises she felt home as Bruno jumped on her, hugging her. Depressed today, she wept as she rubbed his belly while the sweet dog was ecstatic.