42

Zoe
"Who was that on the phone"? Martez asked as I came out the bathroom.
"How long you been up"? I asked seeing him sitting up in bed with a blunt in his mouth on his phone.
"Not long" he responded .
"I was on the phone with Kardi. You hungry want me to cook you some breakfast"?
He smiled and said "nah . I'll cook for you".
     "You keep treating me this good I might have to stay here"?
He got out of bed and said "that's my plan".
I sigh and said "I like Florida I do but you know up north is my home Bae".
       Martez replied "I get that, and ain't shit for us to do the long distance thing I don't mind. But I don't want you there alone especially with Martin acting the way he acting, and I cant leave Florida not until me and my brother find this rat".
       I was hearing everything he was saying and it sounded good and all but I loved the fast life of the city back home. Then again I didn't want to leave from around Martez neither . He was also right about Martin there was no telling what he'd do next if and when he finds out I'm back in the city.
       "Okay how about this. I stay in Orlando until you and your brother find this rat".
      I'm now walking towards him giving him the flirty look.
"Fine by me and then when we get to that point we'll decide where we go from there". He leaned down to kiss me but I placed my hand over his mouth quickly and said "Aht morning breath baby".
      As Martez was cooking breakfast I got a call from Farrah's adoptive mother.
"Hello" I said answering the phone.
"Have you talked to Farrah the little bitch is ignoring me . Last time we talked she said she was going on a trip with you and Kardi".
"No I haven't . And she never came on the trip . She called me the night before and said she wasn't going again said she was doing something with her man".
      The lie came out so straight I believed it. "That bitch she stole thousand dollars from me and some of my fucking jewelry".
"Damn well like I said I don't know where she is".
    Her adoptive mom said "little whore probably laid up with some man fucking for money. If you hear from her ass let her know next time I see her ass I'm going to fuck her up". With that she hung up the phone. This is why I gave Farrah another chance at friendship because that woman that lady is who raised her since she was seven years old. Deloris didn't give a fuck at Farrah long as she was still getting the checks every month that's all she cared about. When Farrah turned eighteen she kicked her out and Farrah at eighteen had to figure her life out. With money she stolen before getting kicked out she somehow got herself in public housing until she got kicked out and then started depending on me for a living .
      Farrah had a hard life but she didn't make it better for herself and that was her karma for how she ended up.
      I texted Kardi letting her know that Deloris might call her to ask about Farrah and what I had told her. Me and her story needed to be the same, there was no telling what Deloris would do if she found out we were lying. I was way to pretty to be someone's prison bitch.
      The bedroom door opens and Martez sticks his head inside and said "are you coming to eat"?
I smiled sat my phone down and said "yea I'm coming".
       The door closed and I went for my purse inside was Farrah's wallet. "I need to get rid of this today".