Chapter Seven - Leviathans Part I

"Check this out," I say, pointing to an article in the newspaper. "'Bodysnatching duo caught on camera.' Look at the stills." John stands up and comes around, while dad leans over to look.

"Wait, that's the Americans from the boat, isn't it?" John questions. "What were their names - Sam and Dan?"

"Sam and Dean," I correct them. "Winchester. What are they doing in Britain again?"

"Stealing bodies, naturally," dad says.

"I get that, but why?" I ask. Just as I speak, the doorbell rings. I frown. It wasn't urgent enough to be a client, and we're not expecting anyone. "I'll check it out," I say, realising the men won't, apparently engrossed in the article.

The doorbell continues to ring as I make it down the stairs, so I skip the last few and jog to the door.

"Sam!" I say, surprised. "Dean, hello."

"Hey shortie," Dean says. "See you're looking better."

"I'm not short," I respond.

"Whatever," he replies. "Hey Sophie, do you mind if we come in, we've got something to tell you and your father."

"You don't mean the bodysnatching," I say, frowning.

"It's linked," Dean shrugs and, nodding, I let them in and they follow me up the stairs.

"I've found our bodysnatchers," I say as we reach the landing, and dad and John's heads turn to look.

"John, Sherlock," Sam says, stepping forward and shaking their hands. "It's great to see you guys again."

"Yeah, you too," John says, smiling. "So what've you been up to - besides digging up bodies of course?"

"Oh, you know," Dean says. "Trying to hunt down a species of body switching monsters from Purgatory." He shrugs. "You know, the usual." John frowns.

"What do you -?"

"You didn't know?" I ask. "Sam and Dean are hunters. "

"Hunters?"

"We hunt down supernatural beings and shoot their asses," Dean explains. "The family business."

"Sounds great," dad says, coughing. "Why are you here?"

"We need your help," Sam admits. "We thought that the portal from Purgatory only opened in America, but we've had some readings which suggest otherwise."

"Basically," Dean says, continuing. "The Leviathans have invaded the UK."