Chapter Nine - Leviathans Part III

"This isn't the first there've been monsters in the Houses of Parliament, you know," John says, coming out from his room and joining us as we follow the Winchesters towards the road.

"Yeah!" Sam says, his eyes wide in realisation. "London was in the centre of that thing a while back wasn't it? The thing with the children?" I shudder.
It can't have been much more than a year since it happened. When the children of Earth stood still and spoke in unison. I was among them. I was at school when it happened the first and second time, but at home with dad for the final time. He was convinced it wasn't aliens, but couldn't find another solution so he went back to using drugs. He missed an entire alien invasion because he was in hospital, passed out after an overdose. It's not one of my better memories.

"That's the one," John replies and I recognise the black Chevvy Impala they brought with them when they were saying goodbye after the Tilly Briggs incident and we get in, dad, John and I somehow managing to squeeze together to fit on the backseat.

"Could that be what Mycroft was talking about on the phone earlier?" I wonder out loud.

"They're very hard to recognise," Dean says from the front. "Even for us. They don't have the same features as the typically shapeshifters, so it's very unlikely this Mycroft would." He makes sense, but I can't help but wonder. Mycroft dabbles in almost all areas of the government - Mr Frobisher, the man who dealt with the alien the last time, was working with Mycroft. It's likely he knows a lot more than he's letting on - in fact it's inevitable.

"I'm assuming you've formulated some kind of plan," dad says. "Considering you don't have a way of killing these Leviathans." Sam and Dean exchange glances.

"You don't have a plan," I say. "Why am I not suprised?"

"I'll try not to be offended by that," Dean remarks. "We're very organised, aren't we Sammy?"

"They're right Dean," Sam says. "We haven't got a chance."

"Maybe we don't have to go in for a full blown attack yet," John suggests. "Just do a prelimerary search mission for now and collect information on what they plan to be doing in the near future."

"That's not half bad," Sam compliments.

"But what would we gain?" I question. "Unless ..."

"What?" Dean questions, and I frown, exchanging glances with dad.

"You mentioned that in their true form, the Leviathans were a viscous substance," I recall. "That means if we can lure them to show their true form, we can extract some of their 'goo', as you put it, and through titration, work out how much alkali is needed to neutralise the acid in the Leviathans."

"You lost me at viscous substance," Dean says, slamming the steering wheel as we hit the back of the London traffic. I can see Sam roll his eyes at the front.

"Viscous is a word to describe something which is in a state between a solid and a liquid," Sam explains, sounding tired, "like goo."

"Yeah, I got that Walter White," Dean says. "But what the hells a titration."

"Dude, we covered titration in high school," Sam said, and I see Dean raise an eyebrow at him.

"You think I paid any attention to high school chemistry?" Dean scoffs. "Sammy, on the odd occassion we actually attended school, I spent most of it away snogging Amanda Heckerling." Sam sighs and shakes his head.

"It's a way of measuring the concentration of an unknown acid or alkali," he explains, while dad looks out of the window now that we're finally moving again and I can see John smirking into his fist as he listens. How the hell did they manage to stop the apocolypse?