Damian Desmond

"Hello, Damian Desmond speaking."

"A pleasant afternoon, Master Damian." The man on the line greeted formally. "I have a message from your father, Master Donovan."

Damian gulped. "Go on, I am listening."

"Very well. I shall start.

Greetings, my son. I saw the reports of your performance at Eden Academy. While you are indeed passing in every subject, I saw the you earned not just a Stella — but a Tonito as well.

As it stands, you are currently a far cry to what Demetrius has done during his Eden years. I expect you to continue to do your best and push yourself to your limits.

Bear in mind that you are a Desmond. You are obliged to act like one.

And lastly, Demetrius and I will have matters to attend until the end of the month. You may do what you like for your birthday. I expect you to make your celebration grand for our allies.

That is all, Master Damian." The butler said.

Damian's jaws clenched. 'As though I expected something else,' he thought. Damian's welling tears bore mixed feelings of frustration, bitterness, hatred, anger, and grief. 'I've waited 6 months to hear from him and not a single acknowledgment. After all my hardwork...'

"Master Damian, do you wish to relay anything?" The butler asked.

Damian composed himself before responding. "Nothing." He said in a low voice.

"Very well, Master Damian. Please do tell me the arrangements you wish for your birthday. Allow me to mention however that Master Demetrius had a school-wide party during his first year in Eden."

"I see. Thank you for telling me." His fists clenched.

"You are most welcome, young master. Please, do have a pleasant evening."

As soon as the call ended, Damian jumped onto his bed and cried.

'As if I didn't work hard for that... As if I am not his son...' He cried his aching heart out.

~~~~~

Emile and Ewen excitedly walked to their bossman'a dormitory. It was a fine day and the two thought of eating their favorite food for lunch. However, what they saw made their heart sink.

"Bossman, have you eaten yet?" a worried Ewen asked. Damian shook his head.

'Seems like he just woke up,' Ewen thought.

"It's 11:00am. Let's order something for lunch and eat here. Are you okay with that, Bossman?" Emile asked.

"Fine," Damian responded in a low voice.

Ewen and Emile called Damian's chaffeur to buy their usual comfort food. After giving instructions, the two sat down on their friend while they waited for the food to arrive. They tried to reach out to him.

"Bossman, we don't want to force you to tell us what happened. But just know that we can see right now that you are not being your usual self and we can't sit idly by letting you wallow on your own," Ewen said.

"Yeah. If there's anything you want to do to distract yourself, just tell us," Emile added.

Damian looked at his friends with an expressionless face. "Thank you, you two."

Their food arrived an hour later. The three friends ate their lunch at Damian's room. Afterwards, they played on Damian's console. When he's feeling better, Damian finally shared what happened.

"Bossman, we're here for you. We'll help you plan your birthday party!" Ewen said.

"Your father will not be able to ignore soon. You have been consistently the top student in our class. We will surely see you in an Imperial Scholar cape in no time," Emile said. Ewen nodded on the background.