Photos for the Treasure Box

Two girls carried their food trays to one of the tables in the school cafeteria.

"Anya is so excited for next week!" Anya exclaimed.

"Oh, the tree-planting activity? Yeah, I haven't been to a forest! But I dread the heat and the soil," Becky said.

"Yes but Mr. Henderson said we only need to plant twelve per student right? That'll be a breeze! Anya thinks it's fine!" Anya replied. She took a bite of her omurice.

"I don't know. But I look forward to going to the Midori after that!" Becky said excitedly.

"Midori? It's a restaurant, right? Are there peanuts there?" Anya asked.

"Well, I'm not sure about peanuts, but it definitely serves the freshest and most nutritious foods in Ostania!" Becky announced.

"So we're going to eat lots of leaves?" Anya said looking glum.

"Not really! It's just that every food they cook there has something fresh and nutritious! There's meat so no problem! The last time I ate there, my steak had a few colorful spectacles on top. It tasted different but it's definitely delicious!" Becky said with a yummy expression in her face.

"Wow!" Anya exclaimed. She then saw Ewen passed by with his food tray.

"Ewen, have you eaten in Midori too?" Anya asked out of the blue.

"Uh, yeah, quite expensive for common folks but really delicious. And the ambience is great!" he replied. Becky nodded as he spoke.

"Wow!" Anya exclaimed again, now with sparkling eyes. "I'm so excited to go there, Becky!"

"Yup, me too!" Becky replied. "So let's see... We'll be meeting at 5:30am, then we'll ride the bus until 7am, we'll plant until 9:30am, then we'll go to a cabin to rest and change until 12nn, and have late lunch at Midori at 1pm. Then bus leaves for school at 2:30pm. We're back in campus at 4pm."

"Wow, that sounds like a tiring day," Anya said.

"Yeah, but it's a nice change of pace compared to the usual classroom stuff, say, after a school-wide party," Becky said after taking a sip of her drink. She turned to Anya.

Ewen proceeded to walk to his table with Damian and Emile. Damian asked what he and Anya talked about. Ewen told him that Anya asked him if he's been to Midori.

'Why didn't Anya ask me instead?' Damian thought as he looked at her.

Anya heard Damian's thought that she looked to his direction. Both were startled to see them looking at each other. Damian panicked and looked away.

Becky noticed this. She poked her friends cheek to tease her.

"I must say, I didn't think you have it in you," Becky said teasingly.

"Er? What?" Anya wondered.

"The candlelight, the cupcakes, the stargazing — everything was perfect!" Becky exclaimed.

"Really? It wasn't much actually but that's the best I can do for him. I'm glad he was better afterwards," Anya said.

"What are you talking about? I saw everything that night! I saw how his face changed from when we were in his party to when he slept beside you," Becky chuckled.

Anya tossed a peanut in her mouth. "Yeah, it seems that week was quite heavy for him. I'm glad things worked out fine. Anya would do it for you too, Becky! When you're down or if you're having trouble, Anya will be there for you!" She said with a sincere smile.

Becky forgot how much she wanted to tease her about Damian. She hugged her friend. "Aww thank you, Anya! Let's bond and go shopping tomorrow! Let's buy something to munch in the bus. Oh, maybe we can buy some nice clothes too for the Midori lunch! We can also hang-out in the arcade, I'd like us to have our best friend photo!" Becky said beaming.