The Time for Preparations

A disguised Loid spoke to his cloaked handler at a bench in a nearby fountain park.

"The agency is pleased that Operation Strix is proceeding as usual. However..." she paused.

"There have been several suspicious transactions among Ostania's banks, particularly those companies that expressed full support to the National Unity Party.  The amounts are enormous, enough to supply and purchase various advanced armaments in high volume. The higher-ups believe that the success of Operation Strix is very crucial if peace is what we wish to prevail." The handler explained in a low voice.

'I see. So Ostania is indeed starting to mobilize its plans. I need to work harder to become the perfect father. Anya must become an Imperial Scholar.' Twilight thought.

"I understand. I shall do my best to make it a success." Twilight committed.

"Very well. Then have your daughter continue her good work at Eden. Be sure to keep your family blended in. We wish you good luck, Agent Twilight." The handler stood and left.

Twilight replied with a silent nod.

~~~~~

Loid found his family training in their living room when he came home that evening.

"What's going on, Yor, Anya?" asked Loid.

"Anya is having a special training with mama!" Anya replied.

"Huh? A special training?"

"Anya said she's afraid of tripping while dancing in heels, so I am improving her coordination, balance, and flexibility," Yor said.

"That is a good plan, Yor. What will you be dancing, Anya?" Loid said.

"Wal-s, Papa! Wal-s!" Anya said while extending her legs on the mat.

'The waltz, I see,' Loid's mind automatically corrected.

"And you said you're dancing with Damian?"

"Hmm-mmm. This is Anya's chance to befriend him! He said Culture Day is important," she said.

'Culture Day is important for the Desmonds? That makes sense. Culture unifies a nation. And his father heads the National Unity Party.'

Loid's eyes narrowed. Anya listened to her father's thoughts as she trained.

'The National Unity Party will likely celebrate this event. Donovan only attends the most important gatherings, but it seems in one way or another, he will watch it.'

Loid walked toward the sofa.

'Then Anya will inevitably get his attention since she will be dancing with his son. However, how will this affect the operation? Right, there is a risk of getting exposed early this way.'

Anya froze. 'Oh no, Papa will be exposed! The spy mission!'

Yor called out her daughter. "Anya, your shoulders are getting stiff. You need to loosen up."

"O-okay mama," Anya replied. 'Anya needs to concentrate on the special training.'

Loid sat and watched Yor and Anya who tiptoed behind the dining chairs at the steady rhythm of their counting. He drummed his fingers on the arm of his couch.

'But if Anya does well and impresses him, it can get us an invitation as a friend of the Desmonds sooner than later.' Loid closed his eyes as he deeply pondered.

'Then...'

He stood and shoved his right hand inside his pocket.

"Anya, tell Papa later what you will need for your presentation," Loid said. 'I need to make sure she doesn't fall short for this event,' he continued in his mind.