Epilogue

Author's Note:
1. There's a major spoiler about Anya's pet.
2. This chapter has aged-up characters and kissing towards the end (starts at the 'She's Mine' part).

Photo Credits: see usernames from Twitter.
*Thankful to them for sharing their talents! I wish more people would see their creations!

❤️

~~~~~
That Which Happened Next

When the cake was taken back to the kitchen by the butler, something unexpected happened. Anya broke into tears, uttering several thank yous in between sobs. This surprised the boys who fumbled over words to comfort her. It was only when Damian, in his panic, hesitantly wrapped an arm around her that her tears slowly stopped. "Anya can be special too" was what Damian remembered her whispering as he rubbed her back in small circles.

While the young scion was troubled by her tears, he couldn't help but find her endearing. 'I have never seen anyone so unassuming and sincere', he thought. His care for the girl only deepened, albeit his denial to a certain degree.

Once she has recovered, the four students chatted and bickered for the remaining time. The yacht then sailed from Stella Lake to the docks near the front gate where they found Mr. Henderson and Anya's parents. They bid their goodbyes and thank yous, the boys walked back to their dormitory with their headmaster while the Forgers drove themselves home.

"It surprised me that Mr. Henderson gave you this remediation, Anya. You are lucky he's your teacher," Loid commented.

"So what will you do for your project?", Yor asked her daughter.

"Anya will write about the stars and Stella Lake, mama! That's what Sy-on boy and I saw."

"You did? How?" Loid asked.

Anya told her parents about her exciting adventure with Damian and his friends. And while Yor beamed at her, Loid clutched tightly to the steering wheel, their car screeching at the red lights. 'Why would he treat Anya this way?' he thought, his budding dad instincts wanting more information. He decided to go in disguise to Eden the following week, alarming his daughter in the back seat.

Then, at their respective study desks, Anya and Damian fought their drowse to come up with their outputs, determined to follow up on their agreement that evening that they will only go to bed once they were done. Anya further promised Damian that she will apply everything he taught her and get a good mark for the culmination activity.

 Anya further promised Damian that she will apply everything he taught her and get a good mark for the culmination activity

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

~~~~~
Don't You Dare Play With Her Heart!

The next day, Damian approached Anya to check her composition, astounding Becky. Anya cheerfully explained to her best friend that Mr. Henderson made her Damian's partner as part of her remediation. However, Damian reflexively said that it was rather unfortunate for him to be paired with her, earning him Becky's ire and some mental facepalms. He just couldn't help dishing out insults, doesn't he?