The Scion's Birthday

It was a festive afternoon at Eden Academy as students and visitors anticipated and came for Damian Desmond's birthday party. As a display of wealth and power, every student, faculty, and even business partners were invited to the event at the school's Grandeur Hall.

"You think he'd dance with someone? You think?!" Girls can be heard giggling among themselves. Damian is indeed very popular in the prestigious school.

Unlike them, two girls nearby were just cool about the hype. They spoke in their little corner as if they were scheming something major.

"You already have plans, I suppose?" Becky asked her friend.

Anya nodded. Becky shook in excitement as she anticipated her friend's ploy.

"Anya is going to give this to Sy-on boy."

Becky fell from her chair.

"What? Just like that? Tell me you have a master plan or something!" Becky begged her friend.

"I don't. Whatever comes to mind maybe? Let's just see what happens." Anya casually replied.

"No, Anya. You have to think of something or you're not doing this! Anya!" Becky said as if threatening her friend.

"Uhh, okay... Let's see... Anya will go to his dorm to give this personally. I'll wait nearby, then approach him. I asked Papa and Mama to fetch me by eight o'clock so I have one hour to wait for him after the party."

"Huh, alright," Becky sighed, just slightly satisfied with her friend's game plan. 'Can't she be more creative in this?'

Becky coughed lightly. "Okay, if you can still think of something else, don't be afraid to spice it up!"

"O-okay," Anya answered.

Becky looked around. "You know, it irritates me that such a party would be scheduled on a Monday, of all days. We have class tomorrow, how could anyone fully enjoy it?"

'It seems he just wants it done.' Anya recalled what Damian thought during his birthday party announcement.

"Anya can't wait to taste all the food! I hope there's peanuts!" Anya exclaimed.

"Peanuts again? Maybe the grounded kind in very little amounts that you can't even taste, except you're Anya so you probably will still easily find it," Becky replied. Anya's bag caught Becky's eye. "By the way, what's inside that bag? It's so big I almost thought you have a ball gown inside."

"What's a ball gown?" Anya immediately thought of a gown made of basketball.

"Ball gown! It's like a big big fluffy gown." Becky predicted her friend is taking the word literally. "Made of fabric, not balls. Anyway, what's inside?"

"The box of cupcakes I made," Anya said with a carefree smile.

"The cupcakes?! But you've been bouncy since this morning. Don't you think it's ruined by now?" Becky said worriedly.

"Don't worry, I've put it over a blanket," Anya said.

"A blanket? Wh-what is that supposed to do?" Becky scratched her head, and eventually let it go. "Oh well, I guess it's fine since you don't look worried at all."

Becky smiled at her friend. "I hope all goes well between you and Desmond, Anya!"

"Mmm!" Anya smiled back.

~~~~~

"It's about time, bossman," Emile said.

Damian looked at the wooden clock on the wall. It's exactly four o'clock. He gestured for Ewen to cue the person in-charge of the program. Ewen approached the host of the event, who eagerly nodded at him. The host went to stage to start the celebration. Eventually, he introduced Damian Desmond — the birthday celebrant — to all the applauding guests.