Down the dark path

3rd Person POV:

Peter awoke in Gwen's room with Gwen herself nowhere to be found.

Peter: G-Gwen?

Groggy after his greatest night of rest, Peter searched the Stacy's apartment.

Peter:(yawn)... Gwen?

Finding his phone, Peter texted Gwen but did not receive any answer.

Peter:(mind) Did she go out to buy breakfast? It's impossible that she was kidnapped, my spider sense would have woken me up.

Opening the fridge, Spidey found that it was stocked and filled with food.

Peter:... Symby!

Out of the shadows, Symby leaped onto Peter turning him into the Sensational Spider-Man.

Spider-Man: You see anything?

Symby showed Spidey how Gwen left her room and the apartment in a hoodie, looking so inconspicuous that she seemed suspicious.

Spider-Man:...

Spider-Man: Okay, calm down. We don't know the context. She could have gone out to buy feminine products.

The symbiot became normal black civilian clothing for Peter.

Peter: But still... Something feels off...

(An hour ago...)

Gwen stared at her phone, someone using her father's phone to text her a picture of her family in chains.

She at first looked at Peter but when Gwen saw the kidnapper's demand, she got dressed to play hero herself.

Stuffing her pocket with Peter's spare spidey mask that she hadn't returned yet.

(Opening theme)

For 5 weeks Gwen has not been seen despite Spider-Man looking everywhere for her.

Even her family has not made any appearances despite them having jobs.

Peter didn't even have to make a report since Gwen's father was part of the police. They noticed his disappearance quite quickly.

The only lead on Gwen was of a vigilante who wore a hood and spiderman mask whilst beating up criminals.

That didn't help Spidey's image especially since the webhead was getting more violent with each passing day as he lost more and more sleep.

Spider-Man: What happened...?

Spider-Man: Was she abducted or was she forced into something because of her family...