1 It's Happening Again

It was happening again. The note had come wrapped in a large ribbon and Giles had cut into it almost immediately. It did not come off immediately and his impatience only grew as he tore into the ribbon. Finally he pulled it off and opened the note.

Dear Giles, I'm sure you already know what this note is going to say. Please, do find solace in this as it once again means your life is spared, but for many of this next set of guests, they will be scared. Not only for their lives but scared quite literally. I have enclosed some information on the back of this letter. Follow the rules and no harm will come to you or your staff.    

~Delightfully yours, the Killer

Giles put a hand on the wall in front of him to steady himself. No! Not again! His anger spread through him like wildfire. Another island, another group of guests, more... murders. The reality hit him like a bullet. This was about to happen again, all of that anguish, all of that guilt. Giles folded the note and stuck it in his shirt pocket. As he walked out of his room, he thought of the past. He thought of Whitney, her crooked grin and the island. He thought of Jaqueline, weapon in hand, smiling after killing all of those innocent people. There's no way this next group was going to be random, the killer always shook it up. He wondered what was to come and why he was again chosen to lead this. His thoughts racing, Giles walked down the stairs of the great mansion.