24 The Dollhouse

Giles gathered the guests into the main sitting room. There was a sort of stale feeling in the room. It was time for the riddle and the guests knew this meant it was closer to someone else not living another day. Lizzie let out a breath she didn't know she'd been holding. Bailey glanced at Caleb who was fidgeting his fingers. Even the mighty have fallen, the quote came to his head then. Indeed they have, thought the killer, just then.

Giles presented a bowl of what looked to be various gelatin cubes. "This will lead you to a number of places, keep it close and when the time is ready, turn the key and fly free. Each of these colorful cubes has a key inside of it, find the place where the key fits." As he finished, the guests moved all at once.

Tripp rushed to the bowl and grabbed a green cube, racing to find the keyhole. Vivian picked out a very light shade of red and found herself in the drawing room. There were various keyholes in plain sight. She tried three and checked the doors. All locked. It had to be something to do with Gile's simple riddle but what could it mean? She exited the room and almost ran headfirst into Natalie. The woman straightened herself and nodded politely at Natalie, but she was already past Vivian. "What a bitch." Vivian whispered.

Grant and Lizzie decided to team up and search the mansion together. After trying as many keyholes as possible, they sat down to think the riddle over. Having shared an intimate moment, they knew this would be their best course of action, to stay together. Grant stood up. "What if Giles didn't say the riddle correctly, maybe he messed up or he knows he messed up." His partner also stood up. "Maybe we should ask him then. The riddle tells us nothing." Together they rushed down the staircase.

In very elegant fashion, Natalie whisked into the kitchen. She knew exactly what she had to do. The gelatin, it was food and something was lodged inside of it, this she knew for a fact. Natalie walked to the drawers and pulled out a knife. She cut into it as much and retrieved the key and then turned towards a small door on the side of the wall. It was indeed a dumbwaiter. She turned the key. The clue had been so easy. "Turn the key and fly free." As she sat inside, the dumbwaiter began to move up fast.

In just moments, she was at the top and found herself in the attic. There on the floor to her absolute surprise, was a dollhouse. Natalie chuckled as she walked over to it. It reminded her of the one she had when she was a child. As she reached it she gasped. It was a replica of Dawson Manor. She gaped. The details were incredible, the roof with it's side windows and long gray tiles, the castle-like spires protruding into the sky. It was a sight to behold.

Then Natalie saw the garden and froze. There sitting on a small chair at a small table was a tiny version of Montana and she was holding a cup. Natalie bent her head down and read the label on the cup. Bleach. She couldn't believe it. Next she saw the rope around Montana's neck, how it was connected to a panel under the victim's seat. Finally she saw in the patch of fake plastic roses, a large bed of sharp teeth in a circle. It was all so much but it solved everything. She was absolutely going to hold this in the face of her adversaries. "I did it."