23 Betrayal

The group alliance of Grant, Lizzie, and Tripp reconvened at the pool. As Lizzie dipped her toes in, she explained what had happened in Montana's room. "A blood thinner?" Tripp knew this could be possible, after all, there was so much blood in the morgue. "Well, there was a ton of blood and holes on her back in a sort of circle. Grant?"

He looked over at the well built man. Grant was tying his hair into a ponytail. "I did a bad thing." He said quietly. All afternoon he had felt terrible for what he had hidden from Regina. They all looked at each other and then at Regina. "We could tell her?" Tripp asked. He'd grown fond of her.

The group approached the older woman who was sitting by herself, sipping at a large margarita. As they told Regina what they knew, the woman stared at Grant. He had been willing to hide this from her, and then decided to share after all. She nodded to them as they walked away. Then she pulled aside Grant and whirled around. Her voice cut through him like ice.

"You stood not even five feet away and saw something important, something that could save my life but you chose to keep it from me? How terrible of a person can you be? Are you a cold piece of shit in your daily life Grant?" Her yelling attracted the entire group of guests. Bailey watched her with a smirk on his face.

Grant put up his hands to silence her. "I know." He said, lowering his head. "You don't have to shout. I'm sorry." That's when the ever intrusive Natalie stepped in. "Hold on a minute!" She turned to Regina. "Do you forget that we are all in this shit show?" Next Tripp walked over to lead Grant away. "Let's go. This is not worth it."
Caleb grabbed Natalie and the group dispersed. Someone, who was not the killer, decided they were tired of this and they made a plan.