𝒙𝒙. War For You

╔═══════๑♡๑═══════╗
CHAPTER TWENTY
╚═══════๑♡๑═══════╝

╔═══════๑♡๑═══════╗CHAPTER TWENTY ╚═══════๑♡๑═══════╝

'IM SORRY' WAS ALL AENORA COULD say to Daemon. It was no one's fault that Aeva didn't know who he was. Yes, she has heard many stories of her father, but in her little mind that's all they were. Stories.

Daemon never felt a pain like this. It was a physical pain as much as an emotional one. He felt it in his chest and the only thing he could do was push it aside.

Daemon knelt back down to Jaelyx and Rhaemax. Though the pain of his daughter not accepting him was almost unbearable, his sons acceptance made it tolerable.

"Max and I have been waiting for you to come back... so we could meet you." Jaelyx spoke slowly.

Aenora grinned out of happiness. It was extremely rare for Jaelyx to speak. Not because he couldn't, but because he just didn't want to. Aenora didn't really understand this. The maester said he would grow out of this, but he wasn't yet. Jaelyx chose to communicate in other ways, like with his hands, facial expressions, and other movements.

"Is that so...?" Daemon frowned.

"Jaelyx." Lydia said. She, along with the other women, quickly figured out he didn't know which of his twin sons he was talking to by the way he trailed off.

Daemon gave a small smile to Lydia as a thanks.

"Maybe we should talk with the children in the morning. I'm sure they're tired as well as you." Aenora handed Aeva off to Emely. "Could take them back to bed?"

"Of course." Emely nodded.

Aenora saw how hard this was for Daemon. First, his daughter not wanting to even be held by him. And second, not being able to tell his own sons apart. She couldn't bear to watch it any more.

"But fathers here. Can't we stay up just a little long?" Rhaemax pleaded as he held onto Daemons hand.

"Your mothers right, you need your rest. I'll be here when you wake in the morning." Daemon assured his son.

"Alright." Rhaemax said.

Jaelyx hugged Daemons leg one last time before he and the others walked out of their parents chambers.

Aenora looked at Daemon as he watched the door shut behind Lydia.

"I've waited so long for this moment, to finally be whole again." Daemon said. "I have never felt a pain like this and I've felt a lot of it while I was away."

Aenora sat on the floor next to Daemon, bringing his hand into hers.

"I'm sure it could be worse, Daemon." She told him.

"Really, Nora? My own daughter, my blood, wants nothing to do with me. And my sons,.. my sons aren't even identical and I can't tell who is who." Daemon quickly wiped the tear that fell from his eye.