𝒙𝒙𝒙𝒗𝒊𝒊. Topic Of Marriage

╔═════════๑♡๑═════════╗
CHAPTER THIRTY SEVEN
╚═════════๑♡๑═════════╝

AENORA TAPPED THE TIPS OF HER fingers against the chairs arm rest as she waited for Rhaenyra

AENORA TAPPED THE TIPS OF HER fingers against the chairs arm rest as she waited for Rhaenyra. The air around her felt cold and still. She wasn't in a state of panic, nor fear. But, she was restless.

Aenora purposefully delayed making amends with her little sister. With Rhaenyra she was always honest, even if the truth wasn't something either of them wanted to hear. Like, Laenas funeral when Aenora protected Aegon rather than Lucerys, Aenora explained to Rhaenyra that she wasn't going to allow her brother to be punished for something that was simple fact. Rhaenyra understood, still hurt by the decision though.

Rhaenyra always knew when something was bothering Aenora, and when Aenoras emotions started to consume her, Rhaenyra was the first to notice. At one point, Rhaenyra begged Aenora to let her help her. After that, Rhaenyra realized there wasn't much she could do and that she had children she needed to tend to, along with helping Daemon tend to theirs. Though, Rhaenyra continuously prayed to whatever Gods would listen to release her sister from the heavy burdens she carried.

As soon as Aenora heard the stone doors open, she stood up.

Aenora smiled softly, "Nyra."

The two sisters looked at each other for a moment, analyzing one another.

Rhaenyra could still see the young teenager within Aenoras eyes, yet she looked so different. More like their mother. Aenora wore her hair the same way Aemma did, but instead of the light pinks, blues, and purple dresses she once wore, she wore a black dress with blue highlights. Rhaenyra could see both of who her sister once was and who she is now.

Nothing changed about Rhaenyras perspective on Aenora, she was still absolutely beautiful to her.

To Aenora, Rhaenyra would always be her little sister. Someone whom she'd protect with her life.

Age made no difference, in Aenoras eyes Rhaenyra was perfect. She too had grown to look much like Aemma. The child Aenora knew so well was still there just mature now. The swollen belly she carried show it even more.

Rhaenyra walked to the chair across from her sister without saying a word. To be quite honest, she didn't know what to say.

Aenora fidgeted with her fingers thinking. Rhaenyra waited patiently, giving her sister the time she needed to speak.

"I've apologized to Daemon. I've apologized to my children. I've even apologized to Lydia and Emely," Aenora looked at Rhaenyra. "But, you're the one I don't know how to apologize to."

"You don't need to apologize to me, Nora." Rhaenyra stated. "All our lives we went through everything together because we were children. But we got older. Don't apologize for something you couldn't control."