𝒙𝒍𝒊. Lord Of The Tides

╔═════════๑♡๑═════════╗
CHAPTER FORTY ONE
╚═════════๑♡๑═════════╝

╔═════════๑♡๑═════════╗CHAPTER FORTY ONE╚═════════๑♡๑═════════╝

AENORA STOOD NEXT TO RHAENYRA and beside her was Daemon. Both Aenora and Rhaenyras children stood behind them, aside from Jacaerys who stood next to his mother.

The sight of Aenora, Daemon, and Rhaenyra standing together as a whole was intimidating. A three headed dragon, one could say.

Otto stood in front of the Iron Throne and his daughter and her children in front of the stairs.

Aenora looked at her other three siblings, all dressed in green. Aegon was so obviously drunk, Helaena looked rather confused, and Aemond was staring at Aeva. Nora didn't even have to look, she knew Aeva was looking right back at him.

"Though it is the great hope of the court that Lord Corlys Velaryon survives his wounds,  we father here with a grim task of dealing with the succession of Driftmark." Ottos voice echoed throughout the room. "As Hand, I speak with the King's voice on this and all other matters. The crown will now hear the petitions. Ser Vaemond of House Velaryon."

Vaemond stepped forward before speaking, "My Queen. My Lord Hand. The history of our noble houses extends beyond the Seven Kingdoms to the days of Old Valyria. For as long as House Targaryen has ruled the skies, House Velaryon has ruled the seas. When the doom fell on Valyria, our houses became the last of their kind.  Our forebearers came to this new land, knowing that were they to fail, it would mean the end to their bloodlines and their name. I have spent my entire life on Driftmark defending my brother's seat. I am Lord Corlys's closest kin, his own blood. The true, unimpeachable blood of House Velaryon runs through my veins," before Vaemond could finish he was interrupted by Rhaenyra.

"As it does in my sons, the offspring of Laenor Velaryon. If you cared so much about your house's blood, Ser Vaemond, you would not be so bold as to supplant its rightful heir. No, you only speak for yourself and your own ambition." Rhaenyra stated.

"You will have the chance to make your own petition, Princess Rhaenyra. Do Ser Vaemond the courtesy of allowing his to be heard." Alicent said.

Aenora watched as Vaemond turned to her sister with a grin plastered on his face. All of this was so unnecessary, in her opinion at least.

"What do you know of Velaryon blood, Princess? I could cut my veins and show it to you and you still wouldn't recognize it. This is about the future and survival of my house, not yours." Vaemond turned back to Otto, but not before sending a glare towards Jacaerys.

"My Queen, my Lord Hand. This is a matter of blood, not ambition. I place the continuation of the survival of my house and my line above all. I humbly put myself before you as my brother's successor... the Lord of Driftmark and Lord of the Tides." Ser Vaemond finished.