𝒙𝒙𝒗𝒊. Darling Wife

╔═════════๑♡๑═════════╗
CHAPTER TWENTY SIX
╚═════════๑♡๑═════════╝

WHEN AENORA AND HER FAMILY arrived in Kings Landing it was almost nightfall

arrived in Kings Landing it was almost nightfall. Aenora didn't take much time to greet everyone but Rhaenyra and her father, because she had become tired from their journey.

Daemon could see how exhausted she had become and insisted she were to go to bed.

Aenora had forgotten how tiring being with child and traveling could be. As soon as she laid down in the bed she drifted off into sleep.

Daemon and Emely sat with her while she slept in case she needed anything, while Lydia took care of the children. Daemon sat on the bed with Aenora laying on his chest and Emely sat on a chair not too far away.

"Never thought I'd see the 'Rogue Prince' so domesticated," Emely said, breaking the silence.

Daemon looked at the brunette, "Trust me when I say, it is only with her."

"I'm sure. But still, never thought I'd see it." Emely admired the love between Aenora and Daemon and how she could tame such a man. "To be honest, I was surprised that you didn't take Dark Sister to Jason Lannisters throat when Aenora told what he had said during the royal hunt."

Daemon gave Emely a confused look. But, when he heard the name Lannister he could guess that what said was not something Aenora wanted to him to know, causing him to clench his jaw.

Emely swallowed harshly once she realized her mistake, "Unless she didn't... tell you."

"I suggest you tell me, Emely." Daemon said in a scarily calm tone.

There was no debate whether she could or couldn't tell him. He was Daemon. He may have said he suggested it, but it was no suggestion at all.

Emely looked down to her hands, "At the hunt, Jason told Aenora that if you weren't to return from Stepstones,.. he'd be glad to take her as his wife and accept your children as his own."

Daemon clicked his tongue and smirked. Quite honestly Daemon found it was funny that Jason thought he wasn't going to return, and that he had the audacity to even speak to his wife.

He knew why Aenora didn't tell him.

"Jason Lannister," Daemon said, more to himself than to Emely.

Emely nor Daemon spoke anymore of the incident, and, or what he was going to do to the Lannister.

Soon Daemon fell sleep next time his wife, and Emely left to find Lydia and the children.

The day of Rhaenyras wedding feast came quick. And all day, Aenora had been preparing herself. She had left Daemon in charge of her sons and daughter.