𝒙𝒍𝒗𝒊𝒊. The Gathering Of Allies

╔═════════๑♡๑═════════╗
CHAPTER FORTY SEVEN
╚═════════๑♡๑═════════╝

IT WASN'T LONG AFTER LORD CORLYS had told Queen Aenora that The Narrow Sea was now under their command and that he planned to seal the gullet to cut off all travel and trade to Kings Landing that she found herself waiting to say goodbye to her son...

IT WASN'T LONG AFTER LORD CORLYS had told Queen Aenora that The Narrow Sea was now under their command and that he planned to seal the gullet to cut off all travel and trade to Kings Landing that she found herself waiting to say goodbye to her sons, daughter, and nephew.

When she finally heard their footsteps behind her she turned to face them. Their faces were filled with different emotions, but worry was the most prominent. Though, none of them had ever feared something this much, they had never been on their own. Let alone gathering allies for war. Their fear was justifiable.

"Your Grace," Jacaerys bowed his head.

Aenora smiled at the boy, "I am still your aunt, Jace. I only corrected your mother out of pettiness."

"Understandable," Jacaerys gave a small laugh.

Aenoras eyes shifted from her nephew to her children: Max, Aeva, and Daemian.

Rhaemax, the child who made her a mother. What a wonderful man he had turned out to be. Handsome, strong, confident, intelligent, and loyal. He was the perfect mix of both of his parents — in looks.

Aeva, her first daughter. She, too, had become a wonderful woman. Loving, kind, trusting, and loyal. She looked nothing like her parents. Viserys had once said Aeva looked more like young Aemma.

And Daemian, her youngest son. He was not yet a full adult, more so an adolescent. But, he was just as smart as his elder brothers. Though, he was a lot different compared to them. While his brothers personality's were more like their mothers, he took after his father. He said whatever was on his mind, he was daring, brave, violent, and smart.

"My little loves, it seems you aren't so little anymore." Aenora smiled at them memories of her children. They used to run so freely and without worry. "I've given you all important tasks. This is a game of words and strategy, be mindful of what you say and how you say it. You are all intelligent. Show no weakness... no doubt... no fear. But do not make threats, I'm not sending you as warriors. I trust that all of you will do well by me and the realm."

"We promise, mother." Aeva said.

Aenora brought both of her daughters hands into hers and kissed them.

"Cregan is close in age to you both. I'm sure that as men, Max, you and him will find some common interest. If not, Aeva, I'm sure you will." Aenora said to the pair as she handed Rhaemax the sealed letter.

Aeva and Rhaemax both understood what she meant quite quickly. And though Aeva had an infatuation with Aemond, she would do as her mother asks.

"Yes, mother." Rhaemax said.

Aenora turned to Daemian and handed him a letter.

"As for Lord Borros, there is two ways it can go. One, he'll turn you away and that will the end of it. Or two, he'll want something in return for his alliance. I hear he has four daughters, offer a proposal." Aenora told him.

Daemian nodded, "As you command, Your Grace."

Aenora rolled her eyes.

"Now, Jace, Lord Grover is... very... self-interested. Tell him what he wants to hear, and if you must, compare the amount of dragons each side has." Aenora placed the final letter in his hands.

"I will do well, aunt." Jacaerys promised.

Aenora looked at the four one final time. She was not worried that they wouldn't return, she knew they would. Their stories were not finished, they were only just beginning.

"Go on then," she said.

The three siblings and cousin bowed their heads before heading for their dragons. Their hearts filled with both worry and excitement.

It wasn't long before Aenora saw Vyraxes, Ajax, Souleater, and Vermax setting off into the sky above her. She smiled at the sight of them proudly.

"Vyr and Bluefyre are ready, mother." Jaelyx said as he appeared behind her.

Aenora turned to face him, "Then let us be off."

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

AUTHORS NOTE

one short one as i said, TWO MORE CHAPTERS LEFT PLUS THE EPILOGUE. ARE YOU GUYS READY???

i'm not. i'm not ready to say goodbye to this book. omg, i'm gonna get emotional. i love you all sm.