𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 5

☆☆☆

~I'll Be The Matriarch In This Life/My Love...~

~Chapter 5~

☆☆☆

"Oh dear, how did it even get this bad...?" Doctor O'Malley questioned as he tapped a cotton ball on Florentia's bloody knee.

"It may leave a scar behind, just like your wife. But instead with your wife the scar miraculously healed." Doctor O'Malley explained.

"A scar? Dear heavens...First my wife, now my daughter..." Gallahan mumbled as he frantically walked around his wife and daughter who were sitting down in a chair as he became restless.

'It's the same place I injured myself when I fell over on my eighth birthday...Look's like a similar scar is going to form again. Still, It's not like I broke any bones, So...' Tia thought as she closed her eyes and let out a irritated sigh.

"Do you feel pain anywhere else, My Ladies?" Doctor O'Malley asked both Amber and Tia.

"Well, for me there is no other pain. But, I think, Tia might." Amber answered as she looked down at her daughter in worry.

"Hm! Oh, here." Tia responded as she extended her hand and rolled up a bit of her sleeves.

There, on her hand showed a bruise that was throbbing.

'When Vieze shoved me to mom, I thankfully didn't get too hurt, for mom caught me, but even though mom caught me, I still got a bit hurt in my hand. Hmp, talk about a petty man. What kind of an adult would push a small kid like me with his full strength?' Tia questioned in her mind as a memory of her being pushed towards Amber flashed in her mind.

"Gosh...From the swelling alone, there doesn't seem to be any broken bones, But I think you should be careful with your hand for a while. Let me prepare a separate medication for it." Doctor O'Malley stated with a 'tsk'.

Both Gallahan and Amber looked at their daughter in worry as Gallahan had a hand on his wife's shoulder, while she clutched his hand.

"...Thank you, Doctor O'Malley. Also...I would like to speak with my wife and daughter alone. Could you give the three of us some privacy?" Gallahan asked softly.

"Oh, Of course. I will be in the laboratory." Doctor O'Malley replied with a smiled as he stood up and wiped his hand.

"Should you need me, just call." Doctor O'Malley added as he turned and walked out as he shut the door, while Gallahan simply smiled and had his other hand on Tia's back.

"Amber...Tia." Gallahan called out which made both mother and daughter glance at Gallahan.

"Why didn't you tell me that those rascals were bothering you?" Gallahan asked his daughter as he kneeled down and placed a hand on his daughter's small hands.

"And Amber...I know you are protecting our daughter, but you should also tell me because look at what it got you...you were bleeding." Gallahan commented as he then looked at his wife and placed his other hand over her hand.

Both Amber and Tia looked at Gallahan with their lips parted.