𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 15

☆☆☆

The calm voice expressed "surprise", saying, "Really? There's a guy named Gallahan?" Meanwhile, a stack of flowers came into view.

"Yes, Your Majesty." replied Croiten Angenas with a bow. "He's very knowledgeable. He's Lombardi's third son." He addressed his words to the elegant blonde woman who stood with her back turned towards him, engrossed in arranging a stack of roses.

"He's a little timid, but, he's much better than his brother, Vieze. His wife, Amber, is also intelligent in politics and a fast learner! She is quite helpful when the business gets out of hand or encounters struggles around politics." Declared Croiten Angenas.

Croiten's words caused the gloved hand, in the process of picking up a rose from the pile, to suddenly freeze.

"He's better than his brother.... and it appears that his wife excels among the other wives..." The voice whispered, causing Croiten Angenas to flinch as he became aware of what he had just said.

In his mind, Croiten Angenas exclaimed in shock, 'OH, MY GOD! I MADE A SLIP OF THE TONGUE...!' Cold sweat trickled down his face as he continued to bow with widened eyes.

As the elegant blonde turned around to face Croiten Angenas, a peculiar smile spread across her face. Slowly, she began to reveal herself as Empress Lavini Angenas.

With a pruning shear in her right hand and delicately clutching a rose in her left, Empress Lavini Angenas is seen, wearing a cold demeanor beneath her smiling façade as she remarks, "That's interesting."

Croiten Angenas struggled to find his words, stuttering as he raised his head to address Empress Lavini Angenas

Croiten Angenas struggled to find his words, stuttering as he raised his head to address Empress Lavini Angenas. "Y-You majesty...I mean, it's...." However, before he could finish speaking, she interrupted him abruptly.

Empress Lavini Angenas interjected, saying, "Isn't that interesting? The original Law of the Empire were based on the oldest son inheriting the Family."

"And yet "Lombardy" encourages competition for succession. And the other Noble families followed them." Empress Lavini Angenas asserted with a faint smile that failed to reach her eyes. She raised the rose in her hand and gazed at it with an icy atmosphere enveloping her presence.