𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 17

☆☆☆

Tia mentally questioned herself, clutching her dress as she wondered, 'What am I going to do?'

'I thought I finally won Grandfather's favor...'

With a worried expression, Tia clutched onto her dress and tightly shut her eyes upon seeing Grandfather's hand drawing near. However, Rulac reassuredly patted Tia's head instead.

 However, Rulac reassuredly patted Tia's head instead

Tia was confused as her eyes widened.

With a gentle smile, Rulac told Tia "Well done, Florentia. You don't have to listen to the Prince's order."

"Remember, a Lombardy should act like a Lombardy in front of others." advised Rulac. Tia appeared dazed and confused as she touched her head, indicating continued confusion over recent events.

"I'm going to the office now. You both take care of the children." Rulac instructed his daughter and daughter-in-law.

Amber and Shananet both responded with "Yes, Father."

"Come here, Tia. Today was exhausting and the twins should head back home too." Amber said warmly while gesturing with open arms.

Tia awoken from her daze and replied, "Yes, mom."

'Did I just...get complimented? My behaviour was...'

'A Lombardy

'A Lombardy.'

☆☆☆

~I'll Be The Matriarch In This Life/My Love...~

~Chapter 17 ~

☆☆☆

Amber stretched out her arms and murmured, "How's Florentia? I believe it would be best if I carried her...".

"Lady Amber, she is deeply asleep and I am able to carry her," the knight stated as he continued walking with Tia in his arms.

"...Yes, no matter how strong she is, a child is still a child." Shananet said as she faced Tia. "It is praise-worthy to be able to stand up against such a thing."