𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 8

☆☆☆

~I'll Be The Matriarch In This Life/My Love...~

~Chapter 8~

☆☆☆

"...So you're telling me that you're trying to sell textiles that are normally only available in the South of the Capital City, But currently, the Dulac Company can't handle such long-distance transportation, so you want the Lombardy's to take charge of it instead...?" Clelivan asked to confirm his point.

"Yes, precisely."  The Dulac merchant guild leader responded back with a smile as Vieze sat beside him.

"  The Dulac merchant guild leader responded back with a smile as Vieze sat beside him

"...And you're planning on borrowing the money needed for the textiles from the Lombardy Bank?" Clelivan asked with a look of annoyance on his face.

"Yes. If possible, I'd like to request a large sum of money, too." The Dulac merchant guild leader said boldly without any shame present on his face instead his face became brighter.

"Huh..." Clelivan's annoyance grew more as a tick mark appeared on his cheek.

"What more is there to discuss? Isn't this truly an amazing deal, Father?!" Vieze exclaimed as he looked at his father with a much brighter look and sparkles can be seen surrounding him as the merchant guild leader had a closed eye smile.

"Oh! You won't need to worry about me repaying you. I, Croiten Angenas, Owner of the Dulac Company, swear upon the name of my family to uphold my end of the bargain." Croiten Angenas swore with a laugh.

'Angenas....You may hail from the Empress's Family, but you can only be so arrogant. Who would dare try to charge you additional fees like a creditor, unless they were trying to antagonize the Imperial Family. In the end, they're leaving all the work and the expenses to the Lombardy's, while they reap the benefits.' Clelivan thought as his mouth twitched and the tick mark showing how irritated he has become by these fools.

Clelivan then glanced at Rulac who was silent.

'In that case, if their business fails, the Lombardy's will have to take full responsibility for the resulting aftermath.' Clelivan thought as he stared intently at Rulac with cold sweat dripping down his cheek.

' Clelivan thought as he stared intently at Rulac with cold sweat dripping down his cheek