1

A normal ten year old should be out playing with friends, and going trick or treating on Halloween.

A normal ten year old should be complaining when their mother doesn't let them eat a lot of candy in the night.

A normal ten year old shouldn't be thinking about murdering his older sister after slicing his mothers boyfriend neck.

Michael was far off of being considered a "normal ten year old". But let me take you back before this even happened.

——————

(Y/n) (L/n)- Age 10

"(Y/n)! Get ready for school! It's your first day!"

(Y/n) sighed but got ready. It was his first day of school today. He had moved from New York to Illinois a week ago. "I'm going!" He responded to his mom while throwing on some clean clothes.

He swiftly ran to the bathroom to wash his teeth and made his way towards the dining room, which was near the front door. "Are you excited?!" His mother exclaims while serving him some eggs and waffles. (Y/n) nodded, "I can't wait to make new friends!" "That's my boy!" His mother rubbed his hair. "Finish eating in 10 and I'll drive you". (Y/n) nodded and took a sip of his orange juice.

After a few minutes, (Y/n) had set his dish in the dish washer and grabbed his bookbag. "You ready?" His mom asked. Nervously, (Y/n) nodded. "Don't worry squirt, you'll make some friends".

Haddonfield was very different from New York. New York was well... New York, especially when you lived right in the city. Haddonfield had a weirdly comforting vibe to (Y/n). He felt like there wasn't much going on (if only (Y/n) knew what would happen in a few days...)

"Good luck! Love ya'!" His mom pecked the top of (Y/n)'s head and unlocked the car door. "Bye mom! Remember to pick me up!" (Y/n) said in a nervous tone. "I promise! Bye!" His mom said before driving off. (Y/n) watched as her car pulled away before turning to see his new school.

It didn't look very pleasing, but he didn't have a choice but to go in. As he opened the front doors, he already felt some eyes on him. He couldn't figure out if they were judge mental or not, but either way he felt off. He awkwardly looked for his locker, which would have been easier to find if he didn't feel so nervous.

Just as he found it, he saw a group of guys standing near it. "E-excuse me," he awkwardly said. "I need to open my locker". "E-e-excuse me," one of the guys mocked before his friends laughed. "Who do you think you are?" "I'm sorry- I need to get to my locker," (Y/n) stated again, looking down at his feet. The guys laughed, "pfft, whatever," before moving out the way. One of the guys made sure to rudely bump into (Y/n)'s shoulder before leaving.

"Great..." (Y/n) mumbled before opening his locker. He made sure to put in some spare notebooks and pencils just in case for any emergencies, as well as a mini first aid kit his mom had bought for him.

After putting his necessities away, he closed his locker before making his way to his classroom.

It only took his a few minutes before finding it. He opened the door to reveal most students already being there. The teacher turned to face him before smiling. "You're (Y/n) right? Welcome!" He greeted while motioning the boy to walk towards him. (Y/n) shyly walked towards him, still staring at the floor. "Class sit down," the teacher said. "This is (Y/n) (L/n), a new student who will be joining us from now on. I want you guys to be nice to him". The teacher turned towards him, "you can sit behind Michael. There's an empty seat over there".

(Y/n) nodded, making his way towards where the teacher pointed. He felt judgmental eyes, while some people whispered to their friends.

"He's being sat next to Michael!"