12

Dr. Loomis paced around the entrance to the courtyard, rethinking what he saw in the courtyard.

What does Michael see in (Y/n)?

They were the complete opposite. Michael could easily be chaotic and act on pure violence and hurt those who'd wrong him. However, (Y/n) was kind and would never hurt a soul. He's the type to forgive someone who hurt him. He doesn't envy people, but Michael sure did.

So why did they get along?

A huge part of a puzzle piece was missing. Why was Michael so interested in (Y/n). Is it just because he hasn't had any real human interaction with someone he had previously known? Or was it something more personal?

He watched as (Y/n) walked away from Michael. Michael's eyes were glued on the shorter guy, watching him until he fully disappeared from his sight.

Dr. Loomis walked over to (Y/n), just outside the courtyard and walked back into the building and applauded him. "That was amazing (Y/n). You acting friendly towards Michael and got a reaction out of him". "Really?" (Y/n) was kind of surprised. He didn't mean to act "overly friendly". It was just in his nature. God... why am I acting so kind to a serial killer?

"I have to write a report about your interaction with Michael. Would you mind coming down to my office to recollect his actions?" Dr. Loomis said. (Y/n) nodded. They both walked into his office and (Y/n) answered a few questions.

-

It was now 6:30 pm and (Y/n) needed to hand Michael a few pills, as well as a plate of dinner. He made his way towards the diner area and collected a tray with the name "Michael" labeled on it. He then moved onto a small storage room where a few nurses stored most of the patients pills. He looked around a few cabinets until he found a designated area for Michael's pills. He read a small paper with the amount he needed to hand him. A total of 4 pills. He opened the first capsule and took a pill out, placing it on a small empty fruit cup container. He grabbed a sharpie and marked the cup's lid.

"1"

He moved onto the next capsule and took out 2 pills. He turned to his side to read the paper again.

"Capsule 2 must be given twice and placed in the same cup as Capsule 3".

He slid over to the third capsule and was about to open the lid when the door suddenly opened. In came a female nurse, the same one who was working in the front desk the first time (Y/n) came. She noticed (Y/n) and smiled, "you're the nurse from a few days ago". (Y/n) shyly nodded, "yeah..".

The nurse moved towards another patient's designated area and grabbed the paper with the pills she's supposed to get. She scanned it for a moment before grabbing a capsule. Just as (Y/n) was about to turn around, the nurse spoke up. "How is it like working with Michael. I remember you were assigned working with him". How was (Y/n) supposed to answer this? "Oh! Working with Michael is extremely fun! Not to mention how tall and handsome he is!"

What the fuck.

(Y/n) chuckled at the idea of calling Michael "handsome". He couldn't even see half his face since his hair was covering it most of the time. And what was this nurse expecting? It's obvious no sane person would be happy working at a mental facility.

"It's actually not as bad as I anticipated". Fuck. Now she's gonna think I'm weird.

Expecting a look a disgust, the smile on her face only surprised (Y/n). "I heard that before. There's this janitor that has been working with Michael ever since he was a kid. Apparently Michael isn't all that bad as people make it out to be," she chuckled. "His name is Ismael Cruz". (Y/n) nodded. So Michael is pretty well behaved with other people, huh?

"Anyways, I should get going. Bye!" She flashed a smile and waved (Y/n) goodbye before leaving the room. She closed the door behind her, leaving (Y/n) all alone.

Once (Y/n) was as doing with sorting Michael's pills, he took the tray and made his way towards Michael's room. He took a elevator up a few stories and turned a few halls. He passed a few security check points before going down the last hall.

Michael's room was just in sight. (Y/n) noticed an older man standing outside of Michael's door. He was wearing a janitors uniform and held a mop. He seemed to be talking to Michael through the small window in his door.

"So behave well Mikey. We don't need another nurse quitting the job," the man said before closing the small window on the door. He then gathered his cleaning supplies and turned around, facing the side of the hall where (Y/n) was standing at.

"Hey," he waved over. He slowly walked over to (Y/n) before shaking his hand. "Are you the new nurse?" He asked. (Y/n) nodded, "Yep. The names (Y/n) (L/n)". The man nodded, "Ismael Cruz". (Y/n) realized this was the man the female nurse was talking about. "I been working with Michael since he was admitted. He's not a bad kid," Mr. Cruz said. (Y/n) smiled, "I'm sure he's not. He's like every other patient here". Mr. Cruz nodded, "I just had a talk with him about respecting you". "Oh really? What did he say?" (Y/n) asked out of pure curiosity. Mr. Cruz chuckled, "not sure. I don't get a reply back but I know he's listening. But anyways, I'll see you later". (Y/n) nodded and smiled before making his way back towards Michael's room.

The echoing foot steps soon turned into silence as (Y/n) sighed. Usually, any nurse would just open the window at the door without any respect, but (Y/n) wanted to let Michael now he would be coming in.

He knocked on the door a few times before opening the small window, "can I come in?" He asked. He obviously didn't get a reply back. He knew security wasn't around, but how else was he supposed to give Michael his pills?

He took out his keys and unlocked the door. He shut the door behind him, but left the small window open... for emergencies. He noticed Michael was sitting down on his desk, coloring in some sort of mask. (Y/n) was cautious about walking towards him. He set down the tray on his desk, making sure to set it down in an empty area. "I have your pills.." he said. His mind drifted to Dr. Loomis before finished his sentence, "Mikey".

Was calling him that over friendly? Would Michael get mad?

Michael paused for a brief moment before going back to doing whatever he was previously doing. (Y/n) awkwardly stood there before taking a good look at the mask Michael was coloring. It was mostly plain white, but near the eyes it had clown makeup, making the mask resemble a frown. Instead of it being colorful, the mask was just black and white.

(Y/n) noticed the way Michael held the crayons. It reminded him of them when they were little. He found himself briefly smiling before snapping back to reality. I need to go along with the plan.

"That's a nice mask, Mikey. It reminds me of the clown mask you wore on Hallo-" he stopped for a second. Was reminding Michael about the night a bad thing? Would it trigger him?

"Sorry," he immediately said. "I didn't mean to recall that day, sorry. Please forgive me." Michael turned to him, causing (Y/n) to get goose bumps. He decided to quickly change the subject. "Mikey, these masks are so cool. You're so talented," (Y/n) said, referring to the masks that were hung all over his room. "Can you make me one?" He asked, turning back to Michael who was still staring at him. Michael slightly tilted his head, watching (Y/n)'s every move.

"I should get going, my shifts almost over," (Y/n) smiled before waving Michael goodbye. He grabbed the tray, leaving the cups behind, and left.