Chapter 18

Deanna’s POV

Few days have passed since Anna told me that Leo escaped the prison.

Anna’s been with me all the time she’s been staying with us and that’s good.

I feel less and less scared because of her though she’s a bit protective she never let me go alone outside even if buying groceries during daylight.

But I have a problem I didn’t mention to Heather what was going on though we’re not in a relationship but it seems like I need to tell her.

So I called her and ask her to meet me at the coffee shop where we first met.

“Hmmm. Hey Anna, since it’s Saturday we don’t have work ‘til tomorrow,
why don’t you come home?
Your parents surely miss you” I said.

“Yeah I think so but I don’t want to leave you

“Don’t worry girl it’s been a couple of days and we have officers outside guarding our house”

“But still… (sigh) okay fine but I’ll come back this evening okay?”

“Sounds good and by the way I’m going outside for a bit I won’t be late I’ll come home before dark”

“Where are you going?” she asked.

“Hmmm…well I’m gonna meet Heather”

“Ohhhh. Okay so that’s why you want me to go home so you two can meet without me?
You can you just say so”

“No it’s not like that Anna,
I just want to talk to her and tell her what’s going on. She’s a friend like you and Courtney”

“Well whatever but please call me whatever happens and please come back before it gets dark okay?”

“Okay so see you again later”

At the XX Coffee shop…

I entered the coffee shop and search for Heather,
she was there sitting at the corner she turned her gazed to me and smiled.

I smile back and headed towards her.

“Hey there gorgeous! She said then she kissed my cheeks

I tried to hide my blush and sit down.

“So how are you?
I miss you it’s been weeks since the last time I saw you” Heather said.

“Yeah I’ve been busy these couple of days and lots of things happened so I wasn’t able to meet you but don’t worry I miss you too.

“So tell me what’s going on?

I stared at her and told her about Leo

“What???!!! He escaped??? Heather yelled.

“Hey don’t yell. Actually I don’t know as well but the police are searching for him but unfortunately they still haven’t found where he was hiding.

“That ridiculous you could be in danger!
Why don’t you and Andrei move in with me for couple of days I have a highly secured apartment.

“That’s very sweet of you but I’m fine,
Anna’s been staying with me and we have officers guarding us too.

“What do you mean by Anna is staying with you?

“She insisted that we both stay together until the cops find Leo which is kinda good ‘coz we can both go to work together and go home together.
She said she will protect and I’m very thankful for that.

“Why didn’t ask me first?
You think I can’t protect you too?
You don’t trust me do you?

I hold her hand.

“It’s not like that Heather,
Anna and I we’re friends since college we’re like sisters and we both work in the same company and I don’t want to bother okay?

“You’re not bothering me Deanna and you know that. And sisters? Really? How could a sister look at you like you were her girlfriend?

I furrow my brows.

“What do you mean?

“Come on Deanna it’s obvious!
She likes you, you don’t have any clue about that?

“Heather please stop… She’s not like that!!!
I know her… We treat each other as sisters so stop.

“Why don’t you just believe me huh? I’m a lesbian and I have this feeling that she sees you more than friends!!!
Tell me does she introduce you to her boyfriend or does she ever mention that she likes guys?

Ohhh I remembered that I didn’t mention that Anna is gay. This is gonna be complicated, I’m gonna tell her sooner but not now.

“No… She said she’s not interested in any relationships for now. I answered.

“There you go don’t you see, she’s territorial she wants you to inform her your whereabouts all the time, acting like your partner or whatsoever.

This is really pissing me off, this needs to stop.

I slam my hand on the table and she was startled.

“Will you please fucking stop Heather???
Stop this assumptions! You don’t know her,
don’t say anything about her, she’s my friend.

I had enough let’s talk some other time.

And with that I left her alone.

I got on my car and think about what Heather said.
Yes Anna can be overprotective around me,
she want to be with me all the time but it’s just natural right? We’re bestfriends.

I start the engine of my car and drove home.

When I entered my house there was Andrei and Anna playing at the living room.
Anna noticed me and she smiled.

“Welcome home Deanna.

There’s nothing to worry about, we’re like sisters.

I smiled.

“Yes I’m home.