Chapter 31

Heather’s POV 

What??? That was sudden, why didn’t you tell me that before? Why now?  

“Look babe I know it’s sudden, but my boss told me this thing earlier this day, so he let me go home and pack my things. 

“I sigh. But you’ll be back the same day? Right?  

“About that, it’s a week business trip. 

“1 week? You told me just now and you’ll be gone in a week? How the fuck am I supposed to react on that?
We barely have time with each other, you rarely sleep in my house, you’re so busy these past weeks. I’m unable to spend a day with you anymore. 

“Heather please try to understand me, this deal with the new client is important to me, they will give me extra pay if we close the deal, me and Anna are working this hard. Please understand, this is the first project that our bosses gave to us.  

“Oh yeah? Anna again? So tell me she’s with you during this trip?  

“Heather…  

“Of course she will…She always will… 

“Babe please don’t make this hard for us. You know we work together, I know that you don’t like me to be with her but we’re colleagues and she’s my bestfriend.  

“Whatever you say Deanna ..

Deanna is about to reply but I dropped the call, she tried to call me again but I declined and turned off my phone. 

I know I’m being unreasonable to her but I can’t help myself, we didn’t see each other very often these past weeks and I tried to understand her but my jealousy is eating me up. She’s spending more time with Anna than me. 

One time I went to her house and saw them together doing work stuff, I stayed for a couple of hours just staring at them and this Anna bitch is purposely pissing me off, like she’s being way too close to Deanna and from time to time touching her hands above the mouse of her computer to show something on how it’s done regarding their fucking report.
I slammed my hands on the table in an instant and they both look at me, specially Deanna who’s brows are raising at me but before she could speak, I just stand up and bid my goodbye.  

I know Deanna knew that I don’t like Anna being around her but she kept doing that because of work blah blah blah. And this Anna is taking every chance she have to be with her. I sigh and pinch the bridge of my nose. 

Deanna’s POV 

(sigh) What am I gonna do with my life? (sigh) Still I packed my things to get ready for my flight this afternoon. I hope I could see Heather before I go but I was not able to, she doesn’t want to talk to me today, I don’t get her why she’s so furious about Anna, I’ll set aside my worries and deal with it later but for now I need to focus on work, after I pack my things I bid goodbye to my son. I take a cab and head to the airport, Anna and I met there and wait for our flight. 

“You seem to have a problem, why are you so quiet this whole time? Anna asked. 

“It’s nothing, don’t mind me. 

“I know you Deanna, I’m your bestfriend, I know if there’s something bothering you. 

“sigh , it’s Heather, we had an argument earlier, it’s just too heavy knowing that I’ll be gone for a week and leave without fixing our problems. I said with my head down and blinding my eyes with my tears.