Chapter 20: The Silent Void

The heroes carefully transported Midoriya to the hospital, their hopes riding on the mysterious blue formula provided by Shigaraki. Recovery Girl, along with a team of doctors, diligently began the treatment to restore Midoriya's physical form. Miraculously, within just one week, Midoriya appeared as he had before—his body back to its original state.

However, as the heroes rejoiced at the success of the treatment, they quickly realized that something was amiss. Midoriya remained unresponsive, his eyes vacant and devoid of any emotion. It was as if his very essence had been drained, leaving behind a hollow shell.

The next day, the class gathered around Midoriya's bedside, desperately attempting to reach out to their friend. They spoke to him, pouring their hearts into their words, but Midoriya's silence was deafening. He remained distant, his gaze fixed on some unseen point in the distance.

Two days later, as the class continued their attempts to engage Midoriya, Recovery Girl entered the room with a tray of syringes for blood testing. The atmosphere grew tense, a mix of anticipation and unease hanging in the air. Carefully, she cleaned a spot on Midoriya's arm, preparing to inject the syringe.

But as the needle made contact with his skin, Midoriya jolted back, a flicker of fear crossing his otherwise vacant expression. His body reacted instinctively, a reflexive response to an unknown threat. Still, he remained emotionless, silent, and unresponsive.

The room fell into a heavy silence, the heroes grappling with the realization that Midoriya's transformation was not solely physical. The depths of Shigaraki's manipulation ran far deeper, impacting Midoriya's very essence.

Recovery Girl's face twisted with concern, a mixture of compassion and determination. She understood the gravity of the situation and resolved to find a way to help Midoriya, both physically and mentally.

"We won't give up on you, Midoriya," she whispered softly, her voice filled with unwavering resolve. "We will find a way to bring you back, to restore the light that once shone within you."

The heroes stood united, their determination unwavering despite the challenges ahead. They knew the road would be arduous, but their belief in Midoriya's strength and the power of their bonds refused to waver.

With each passing day, they would search for answers, for a glimmer of hope amidst the darkness. They would support Midoriya, offering their unwavering friendship and love, in the hopes that one day, their efforts would break the chains that held him captive within the silent void.