21.0

Italics are Victoria's/Henry's thoughts

Victoria's POV:

It has been four months since the execution of Jane. Grace is now nine months old and Nicholas was seven months old.  I was to start my second confinement within a weeks time. Henry had grown more excited as each months passed. He was hoping for a Duke of York, as had I. Maybe my next pregnancy I could have a baby girl. That would be lovely.

A new Lady of mine had just joined my services. A Lady named Urusla Missledon, she seemed sweet enough. As I had in my last pregnancy I had appointed Natalie as my watcher for any mistresses. Henry had not taken one the first time but who would know if he would this time.

"Ladies please pick me my royal purple dress, with gold linings." I asked, the thin gown would show my belly off to court. Many families had been pushing their daughters, sisters, even wives into Henry's sights, hoping that they could get higher in the ranks as their thought their women would be mistresses, destroying the family honor, but who cares as long as they have their powers right?

The ladies grabbed the dress and helped me into it, Henry was throwing a ball for my last appearance in court until the arrival of my babe. I slipped into the dress and looked in the mirror, it really did accentuate my belly. "Ladies I would also like my hair to be in two braids starting from my hairline and tying in the back of my head." I asked, and they obeyed.

I arrived outside the throne room and joined Henry's side as we entered. "King Henry the VIII and Queen Victoria." The announcer said, we heard cheers as everyone bowed in respect. We sat on our thrones as everyone began dancing and having fun. I watched my ladies have a somber look and I leaned over to speak to them.

"Ladies go enjoy yourselves, maybe find some handsome lords to fliet with." I giggled as they nodded excitedly and ran off. "How are you feeling love?" Henry asked. "I am feeling fine, this pregnancy I am not as nauseous as I was with Nicholas." I answered.

I waved over a servant and began asking a question, "Plesse bring me some cooked quail eggs please, I am craving them immensely." the servant nodded and bowed, leaving to go get them.

I laughed as I watched my ladies dance their hearts out with some lords. I then remembered something, "Have you heard how Lady Agnes is doing?" I questioned Henry. "Yes, I have given her and her husband an estate to raise their child at, his is currently a few months old im sure." Henry replied, taking a sip of his wine.

I nodded and watched as the same servant came back holding a plate of quail eggs. I thanked th servant and quietly ate my eggs as I observed everyone in the hall. I then noticed my four favorite children. "Ah! Mary, Elizabeth, Grace and Nicholas!" I exclaimed excitedly. "How are my joys doing?" I questioned. "We are doing well Your Majesty." Mary answered. She was at the end of the lineup of children.

On the two ends was Mary and Elizabeth and in the middle was Nicholas and Grace. "Very good, very good, I trust you both have bene doing well in your studies?" "Yes we have, Elizabeth has improved her Latin by the daily." Mary exclaimed proudly. I clapped joyfully at that, as I saw Elizabeth's cheek blush. Henry watched me and grinned seeing how I got along with the children.

"Bring me the babes please." I said to the servants. They nodded and handed me both Nicholas and Grace in each arm. "Look at how big you all are getting." I fussed. I saw Nicholas smile with his big gummy mouth. I handed them both back to the nurses. "You may go have fun now children." I said softly. Mary, Elizabeth, and the nurses bowed and walked away.

"Henry, I want to talk about a betrothal for Nicholas he is already seven months." I inquired, raising the glass to my lips. "Ah, yes I knew this would come up soon." Henry muttered. "I have spoken to the King of Spain about his daughter, his only child and his heir to the throne, she is one years old and her name Catalina María Valerian, we could make a Spanish alliance." He paused, "and our son could rule 3 kingdoms." Henry said, ecstatic.

I nodded. "Make arrangements for Princess Catalina to visit us here in England, in a few years time when they both have the memory of meeting eachother, I think we have ourselves a betrothal." I said happily, raising my glass to clink it against his. He laughed and clinked his against mine.

"Henry, can I have one last dance until my confinement." I pleaded. He gave in and nodded, standing to take my hand. He walked us over to the composers and whispered into the leads ear. I couldn't make out what he said but the composer nodded and began playing one of my favorite dance music's. The Rumba.

The Rumba is my favorite because it is a slow, serious, and romantic dance. Henry led us to the floor and we began.  We took a slow step forward and slow step back, then did a quick two side steps. I smiled lovingly at Henry, and he grinned back.

After the dance applauds erupted. I smiled as everyone clapped at our dancing. We sat back on our thrones, glad we could make the last few days of my court appearance fun.

•••
So how you guys feeling? I'm just awaiting the moment I can write the birth chapter because I have something fun planned! Anyways have a good day or night!