Chapter 2 - Let's Live For Now (2)

I used three circumstances to my advantage to control the situation to my favor.

One, Cassion, knows that I have an unknown illness.

Second is that Ruel, who was stupid, has changed.

Finally, Cassion's willingness to drop his superiority when it suited him.

Cassion seemed as if he had a fever because he looked like he had a hard time thinking, especially with the current situation.

'Okay, that's a very satisfying face.'

I opened my mouth, holding back my desire to smile.

"I'll give it to you."

Cassion pursued his lips. He must be upset since he was fooled by my cousin.

"Because I'm ill, it'll be of no use to me anyway.."

"...How do you guarantee that?"

"We'll sign a contract."

I patted myself on the chest.

Everyone in the world of 'SSS-class Knight' had mana and establishing contracts using the mana were a common occurrence.

"The conditions?"

Ho...Not only was the fishing rod bent greatly, but it was also winning the fight.

Just a little bit more.

"Be a loyal butler until I die."

Cassion later becomes the main character's loyal feet and ears. I must be a fool to let a fish already on the cutting board go, afterall I have to do my best live.

There was a glimmer in Cassion's eyes that shook. This request was far simpler than he thought, It was easy to guess what's on his mind as he had been watching Ruel for half a year.

'Ruel is about to die. Wouldn't he be free after that?'

Cassion didn't bother to hide his expression this time. Joy was exposed on the surface.

"Cough, Cough!"

I coughed loudly on purpose.

At the same time, the pain felt in my chest made me frown. Eventually, the fake cough became a real cough and something hot flowed down my throat.

At the moment, I wondered if I really was going to die.

'Ha.'

However, when I looked up I saw Cassion's face mixed with joy and embarrassment, with a big smile plastered on his face.

"Even like this..."

I wiped the blood off my mouth and clasped my trembling hands.

"I want to protect the Setiria."

I said once more.

Cassion, He was the head of the assassin guild. Whether you belong to a family or a guild; as a leader or member, you will have the desire to protect.

His delicate expression was erased and he sat as the head of a guild.

"Please drink."

Cassion held out a paper packet containing medicine.

"Shouldn't we sign a contract?"

'Heh.'

I coughed and hid my smile.

'The fish is caught...'

My first step on the path of survival, catching a valuable piece as Cassion in my palm is almost a done deal.