Chapter 38 - With the moonlight (1)

Gulp.

Ganien swallowed unconsciously.

Cursing his own damned curiosity, he cautiously looked at Ruel.

"H-how can I even do this?"

"The heirloom, Turbulent Day, remains whole. That's it."

"Wait a moment, Ruel! This isn't something we can ignore. I'll pay you as much as I can, no, I'll do anything!"

"You already owe a great deal, and the heirloom remains unbroken. Cassion, you know this."

"Yes."

Before Ganien could interject, Ruel held out his palm to stop him.

"It's fine. This is just a formality. What's a little more debt at this point?"

"Ruel..."

Ruel inhaled the Breath while turning away from Ganien's eyes full of respect, finding them a little burdensome.

"On my name, this debt will not go unpaid, Ruel. Even if I have to betray my country."

This time, he did not stop Ganien's oath.

'Even a fake sword is useful.'

Isn't piling debts onto the protagonist a great way to have a good life?

'I think it's maybe the 5.5th rule for me to live.'

Can't forget to make another fake Turbulent Day, just in case.

I don't know who will get it, but I'm already excited.

***

'If I send the two knights to Masu Forest from time to time to train and earn money...'

Ruel thought while grinning at the papers piled on the table.

'... And the merchant of Beto uses the materials for building, and the ores to make more money...'

I was excited.

Even if I just stood still and breathed, the money keeps rolling in.

Although he wasn't rich-rich yet, he was still happy to know how it felt like, even for a little bit.

Though Billo, the butler, got very angry when he found out he had entered Masu Forest, so what?

Everything was awesome.

"Isn't Ruel-nim's health more important than catching a rat?"

Looking at Ruel using the magic tool, Thermal Patch, attached to his forehead to peruse the documents, the wrinkles on Cassion's forehead never eased up.

"I'm going hard."

Ruel put down the documents in his hand pointed at his chest.

"Ruel-nim."

"Though my fever is soaring and I'm overkilling it a bit, the power of recovery is keeping me from dying and Leo is eating it up."

"But if you breach your limit again, you'll fall unconscious like last time..."

"Ruel! Ruel!"

Leo, after zooming around the room, rushed to lie on Ruel.

"This is why animals should be leashed."

Cassion looked at Leo coldly.

The fox, having been scolded so suddenly, did not look good.

"Unfortunately, I'm a spirit. Uncle doesn't have a spirit leash, do you?"