Chapter 77 - Encounter (1)

***

Ruel unraveled his thoughts one by one.

"Setiria wants you to cut the commission in half, in addition, to gaining monopoly among major products, technical cooperation, and exchanges."

Despite the increasing demands, Ganien's expression did not shift.

He thought it was rather natural.

"Can you give me something to write this down?"

Cassion tore out a page of a notebook.

Ganien said, writing down Ruel's demands.

"Keep talking."

"I want to place a portal device connecting to Setiria here."

Ganien's hand paused.

"Of course, I'm going to make it a two-way portal device if both sides permit."

"And?"

"Regardless of the reason, I want you to give me the authority to lead the Blue Knights."

"I hope that you won't use this authority to direct their swords at us."

"Of course. I won't betray my friends."

Only then did Ganien's stiff face smile.

"All right, I agree. I still owe you a lot."

There were many other demands.

Ganien looked at what he had written and nodded.

"Perhaps, most of them will be accepted."

It was natural.

Ruel deserved this much. He had the chance to fend off the traitors thanks to him.

"Oh, the king heard that you saved Dotol Village and said he would bestow you an honorary title. It's a token of gratitude for saving the village twice. The title was given in the name of honor, but I think he intends to give you land itself."

Ruel smiled pleasantly.

He got land for free despite being an outsider.

"You are the first outsider to receive an honorary title. You can be proud."

"Yes. Cough, cough."

"...Don't tell me, you're not going to immediately leave tomorrow, are you?"

Ganien looked at Cassion and asked carefully.

He shrugged his shoulders.

"I'm still thinking. More than that, you've secured a place to hide the Royal Knights in advance, right?"

"Of course. I've made a separate space in the mansion. My butler should be guiding them at this moment. We've prepared food for the Knights in advance. I've been careful not to be tailed, so don't worry."

Ruel finally lay in bed.

Ruel had something to check by hiding the Knights and going to the Ice Castle to obtain the power left by the last hero.

– Always move with the Great Purifier.

– Stop gaining that power, remember.

Who wrote those letters?

Won't they come to see me in person because I might take the last remaining power fragment?

"Are you still tracking the Red Ash that ran away?"

At Ganien's question, Cassion raised his brows.

"We are still tracking them. Just waiting for an accurate report. I don't know how long it would take if you did it."