Chapter 75 - Money is the best! (2)

***

"...Are you up?"

At Cassion's voice, Ruel nodded.

"You slept for two days. How are you feeling?"

At the news of sleeping for two days, Ruel turned his head startled, and looked at Leo.

Leo was sleeping soundly and his hands weren't wet with tears either.

"He didn't cry this time."

"Where is this?"

"We've gone around to avoid any eyes, so one more day, we'll arrive at Ganien's villa."

"Alright."

Ruel looked at the carriage with Breath dangling from his mouth.

It was a familiar carriage.

"...wasn't it broken?"

"Aris did the outside and Noah fixed the interior."

Aris would have used magic and Noah, according to the original story, was good with his hands.

In the web novel, the amount of content dedicated to Noah was not high.

Ruel thought it was because there was a more interesting character, Cassion.

So, Ruel brought him in because he wasn't a colleague who had a lot of importance to Ganien.

Cassion was his only butler with no other servants to assist him.

It was a waste of power to employ Cassion's shadows as servants, and it took a long time to choose among ordinary servants as they couldn't work with Cassion.

Ruel drank the water Cassion handed over and asked.

"What do you think? Is it usable?"

A gentle smile formed on Cassion's mouth.

"His mouth is very annoying, but it is useful. It's very good to have."

"Was there any friction with Aris?"

"There was."

Ruel smiled lightly. It was expected.

He knew they wouldn't get along.

Maybe the first impression wasn't the best.

The memory of being sold as a slave created a lasting trauma to Aris, so the first impression must have already been at the bottom, once Aris saw his eyes that judged a person's value from a monetary perspective.

Still, Aris would have tried to get along, but Noah's mouth would have ruined everything.

Ruel inhaled Breath.

"The friction sparked into a fight."

"Hmm."

"Don't you want to ask who won?"

"Why would I?" Aris would have won.

"Aris' growth rate is very fast," Cassion said, handing over the meat pie.

Ruel's expression was crumpled in the pain but he managed to pick up the pie.

Rattle.

"Who's driving the carriage?"

"It's Noah."

He knew it.

When Aris drove the carriage, the ride was as smooth as gliding across ice.

"What about Aris?"

"He's walking with the Knights. Speaking of which, I have something to tell you. I think you should check on the Knights as soon as you arrive at the villa. The morale has sunk."