S2 E13: Pups Save Tiny Marshall! The Smallest Hope Saves The Day!

February 24th, 2030

Four days ago, Ben had teamed up with Jayden to recover Yumi's stolen scroll from Harold. During their discussions, Ben had brought up the dilemma of transporting the Dragonzord from the ocean to Adventure Bay, and Jayden had brought up the idea of making the Dragonzord a more manageable size. Thus, they had begun to create a miniaturization ray. Jayden's visit had not only inspired Ben and Marshall, but also Tuck. The male Golden Retriever had dedicated himself to not only increasing his fighting proficiency, but also to helping out around the team. This worried his twin sister, Ella. Tuck hadn't been this intense about something that only he was interested in. Were they growing apart?

Tuck was tired of being on the reserve team, he was tired of not being able to help. He was tired of watching Wild's mother grow weaker and weaker with each passing day. He was sick of it all! He needed to feel like he was making a difference. So when Ben and Rocky needed help building a shrink ray, Tuck leaped at the opportunity. In the garage, Tuck, Ben, Ryder, and Rocky were putting the finishing touches on the shrink ray. "Thanks for the help, Tuck. You've been a real handy assistant!" Rocky chuckled, with Tuck circling around and pacing as he wanted something to do.

"Is there anything else that I can help out with? Anything at all?" Tuck begged.

Ben took notice of this, and set down the wrench he was holding to kneel down and make eye contact with Tuck. "Tuck, what's the matter?" Ben wondered.

Tuck sighed as he looked down. "I'm on the reserve team, meaning I don't get called out for missions as often, and I'm often just support. I want to be helpful, I want to do something meaningful. And I always get partnered up with my sister when I'm called out. I just... I want to do something on my own to help." Tuck explained.

"Tuck... that's how you feel? I wish you had said something sooner. Trust me when I say that when the time comes, we'll need you, and you alone, to accomplish something." Ben promised.

Tuck smiled in response, comforted by his words. "Thanks Ben." Tuck replied.

Ben gave Tuck a pat on the head and a pup treat from his pocket. "Now you should go and tell your sister about this. Siblings as close to each other as you two shouldn't be keeping feelings from each other." Ben suggested.

Tuck thought about that and then nodded. "You're right. I'm going to go tell her how I'm feeling right now! Thanks again, Ben!" Tuck thanked, before running into the Lookout to have a talk with his twin sister.

Marshall came into the garage, causing Ben and Ryder to cover the shrink ray up with a sheet. "Hey, what are you guys doing? It looks like you're building something! Ooh, is it a treat maker? A belly scratching machine? Will it make beefy puppy pops? Tell me!" Marshall excitedly mused.

Ben and Ryder laughed at Marshall's enthusiasm. "If we tell you, it'll spoil the surprise." Ryder giggled.

"Hey Marshall! Let's finish our pupball game before it gets dark!" Chase called out.

"COMING!" Marshall yelled as he ran back to continue playing the game.

Ben, Ryder, and Rocky went back to working on the machine as Marshall ran back to his spot on the pupball field. Using his launcher, Chase fired a ball, and Rubble smacked it with a bat he was holding in his jaw. "I got it... I got it...!" Marshall cried out, but the ball bounced off of his tail and landed in a gopher hole. Marshall ended up getting stuck in the hole. "Guys? A little help? My paw's stuck!" Marshall yelped. Skye and Zuma ran over to help extract the dalmatian's paw from the hole, and the three went flying. "Thanks, you guys. If only I was smaller, I could've gone down the gopher hole to get the ball!" Marshall apologized.