Chapter Sixteen [Part 2]

T: I love dogs. My best friend in the whole wide world is a fluffy mixed-breed dog named Russell. I FaceTime him regularly and we talk for hours. You should meet him, he's a really funny guy.

H: I bet he's just like you and gets all the lady dogs...

T: You bet. He's the handsomest good boy to ever live...

°•°•°•°

T: I'm a mamma's boy. My mamma is the sweetest lady you'll ever meet and I'd do anything for her. She also bakes the best pies and I always put on a few when I visit them for the holidays.

H: I love pie - apple pie especially.

T: Ever had a creampie?

H: And you ruined it...

°•°•°•°

T: My buddy, Diego, throws these huge Halloween parties every year and my friends and I went as cheerleaders last year. We were sexy nurses the year before that.

H: And what are you guys planning to be this year?

T: French maids. Wanna join us? I bet you'd look phenomenal in the costume...

°•°•°•°

T: I'm a health freak, I have to be if I want to be at the top of my game, but I have a concerning addiction to Reece's Cups. I never actually buy them because then I feel like I've lost, but my friends have been known to bribe me with them.

T: I'd never say no if you offered me any.

H: Good to know...

°•°•°•°

T: I don't have a favorite color, but I'm partial to red.

T: And blue and silver.

T: Go Knights!

°•°•°•°

T: I've watched all of the Barbie movies with my sisters and now I watch them with my nieces. Don't tell anyone I said this, but some of them are pretty good. Wanna watch them with me?

H: That's sweet, but no thanks. I'm more of an action and adventure movie girl.

T: Oh thank God. What's your favorite movie?

H: It's kinda campy, but Mad Max.

T: Marry me...

°•°•°•°

T: I wasn't interested in girls until I was about sixteen. I was so focused on training and getting better that I never really paid them any attention. I think I was even a little scared of them...

T: But don't worry - once I discovered what little Tristan could do, I put him to good use.

H: And made up for lost time...

°•°•°•°

T: I think the best and only way to sleep is naked.

H: Of course you do...

°•°•°•°

T: If you don't count my right hand, I lost my virginity to a hot senior girl named Payton Fells in the back of a movie theatre. I think I lasted five seconds, but she didn't seem to care. I think she was just happy to be the girl that deflowered Tristan Beckett. To this day, I get hard whenever I watch Scream, which is really hard to explain to others.

H: Remind me never to watch Scream with you.

T: Babe, you don't need Scream to make me hard for you...

°•°•°•°

T: I'm scared of spiders. My older brother put one in my pants when I was a kid and it bit my ass. It swelled up and the doctor had to give me an injection. In the ass. I don't like spiders.

H: Awe, but they're so cute. All of those legs, those beady eyes, those pincers...

T: You just gave me goosebumps...

°•°•°•°

T: I cried when Jack died. Imagine only getting to smash a young Kate Winslet once. Devastating.

H: It's the middle of the night. Go to sleep...

°•°•°•°

T: Practice was hard today. It doesn't happen often, but sometimes I feel like I can't do anything right. Today was one of those days.

H: Everyone has off days. Just because you carry your burdens so well, doesn't mean they aren't heavy. That kind of weight would affect anyone.

T: It's different for me. I'm their captain, which means I have to stay put together for them. If I'm having an off day, we're all having an off day, and then they feel like shit. It sucks, but I've gotta be perfect for them. For the fans. For my family. For everyone.

H: Not for me. I already know you're deeply flawed and nothing could change my mind. What kind of person gets hard for horror movies?

T: Funny enough, it makes me feel better knowing I'll never be perfect in your eyes. It's less pressure to try and act perfect in front of you. And horror movies are the best movies to have sex to...

°•°•°•°

T: I saw a guy in a cow onesie in class today. You know you're one level below him, right?

H: A onesie does sound comfortable...

°•°•°•°

T: I love my dad, but I resent the pressure he puts me under. He's got all of these expectations and orders, and he expects me to be his perfect little soldier. I know he's the reason I've come this far, but sometimes I just want a normal dad, you know?

H: I understand. My mom's the definition of a helicopter parent. She used to put trackers in my phone, car, and on my clothes. I wasn't allowed to watch any movies or have any friends that weren't a part of the church. I left the house as a dumb naive girl wholly unprepared for this world.

T: I'm sorry... at least you're smarter and wiser now.

H: Yeah, well. This world teaches harsh lessons to those kinds of people.

°•°•°•°

T: What is our opinion on the current state of affairs?

H: That they're abysmal and drastic changes need to be put in place if we have any hope of saving ourselves.

T: We're completely right, of course...

°•°•°•°

T: Last year a girl drugged and tried to rape me... [unsent]

°•°•°•°

I know that's a horrible way to end the chapter, but we're finally getting some lore on Tristan

I know that's a horrible way to end the chapter, but we're finally getting some lore on Tristan. Eventually, we'll get the full story. You'll just have to stick around to find out...