Chapter Eighteen

I shoveled Mac and cheese into my mouth, still steaming over the fight I'd had with Tristan

I shoveled Mac and cheese into my mouth, still steaming over the fight I'd had with Tristan. Was it even a fight? I'd left before it had escalated into an actual fight.

Couldn't he see that I'd been trying to look out for him? The signs were there, I was only pointing them out. It's not like I told him to never talk to his dad again — hell, I still have a pretty good relationship with my mother. I just wanted him to be aware of what was happening. He didn't need to yell. Okay, so maybe he didn't yell, but I could tell he wanted to.

Ugh, whatever. He wasn't my problem anymore.

I lifted the fork to my mouth but found I couldn't take another bite. I wasn't full or anything — I just didn't want to eat. Frowning, I put the fork down. Had I seriously just lost my appetite over Tristan fucking Beckett? What the actual fuck? He was now starting to come between my food and me.

Disgusted, I set the bowl aside and climbed off my bed. I then started pacing the small room, full of restless energy. I wanted to hit something. I wanted to rage. Anything to get rid of these emotions that had been steadily building up inside me since the moment I'd first laid eyes on Tristan. Anger, jealousy, lust, sadness...

No. Not sadness. I wasn't sad. He meant nothing to me. I was fine. Just a little pent-up.

I stopped just as someone knocked on my door. I wasn't really in the mood to deal with people, but I forced myself to answer.

"It's open!" I called out, turning to face whoever it was.

The door handle squeaked as it was pulled down and Jenny popped her head in, a bright smile on her pale face.

"Hey, Hannah. You look like you could do with some fun," She grinned.

Suspicion picked at me, "What's happening?"

"Well, remember that terrible piercing I got?" She asked like it was hard to forget.

"Yeah..."

"The infection is all cleared up and my downstairs is good to go again, so the girls and I decided to celebrate. Wanna join us? We're going to a party. I know you usually say no, but I thought I'd ask anyway." She gave me a gentle smile, a brow raised in question.

"Frat parties aren't really my thing."

"It's not a frat party — it's at Moxie's. Just a get-together with friends and a few drinks. We've all got a pretty important test tomorrow so none of us will be going crazy, hence why I'm currently not banging Matthew's brains out. Don't worry, it'll be chill."

I opened my mouth to say no but paused. This might actually be good for me — I was feeling super antsy and this get-together could help me relax. Maybe I could even find a guy that I found tolerable, and have my first one-night stand.

I doubted that would ever happen, but it was worth a chance.

"Actually, yeah — I'd love to come. Just give me a few minutes to get ready."