1

Chapter 1. Haunted

"Boom——"

In the large and somewhat empty bedroom, Gu Qingxian opened her eyes suddenly, cold sweat dripping from her forehead.

Her heart was beating fast, and the scene of lightning and thunder just now seemed to be still in front of her eyes. Nine thunders rolled in, and the white light was dazzling.

She sat up holding her chest and looked around at the unfamiliar furnishings with blank eyes.

Aren't you going through a tribulation? Why... Before

Gu Qingxian could figure it out, she suddenly heard a middle-aged woman's loud voice coming from outside: "Young mistress, the work is done, I'm leaving."

Young mistress? Where did the young lady come from?

Gu Qingxian was about to get up and go out to take a look. The next second, memories belonging to another person came in one after another.

Her eyes were confused for a moment, then became clear.

I see.

...

Outside, the nanny Li Qin didn't hear anything for a long time. She looked at the setting sun. After hesitating for a moment, she went upstairs and knocked on the bedroom door.

Li Qin originally worked in the Sheng family's old house. A week ago, the second young master and young mistress were deported to this haunted villa in the suburbs. She was also sent here to serve them during the day.

It is said that this villa is haunted, with monsters screaming at night and ghosts coming out to make trouble.

At first, Li Qin felt that she had been implicated by this unmarried couple, and she was full of resentment, fear and hatred. Only when she came here did she realize that she could actually enjoy the benefits.

The weak and timid young lady probably didn't want to suffer in this hellish place with the vegetative young master. Every day after she finished her work, she would politely give her some money to replenish her health and ask herself to bring her news about the old house.

How could Li Qin get any news? She just wanted to get more benefits out of it.

She was thrown into such a remote place, so she deserved more money.

Anyway, the young master is already in a vegetative state. The doctor said that the possibility of him waking up is very low. The young lady who came to celebrate the wedding has no backing. Li Qin is not afraid of being discovered at all.

She knocked on the door again, but still heard no sound. At this time, the sun had mostly set. Thinking of the rumors of hauntings, Li Qin began to panic and knocked hard on the door: "Young mistress, are you there?"

She used so much strength that the door suddenly opened, and she almost threw herself in.

Gu Qingxian put her hands behind her back, looked up and down at the person in front of her, and asked, "What's the matter?"

Li Qin stabilized her figure and hinted at her, "Young mistress, I'm done with my work and ready to go back."

"Oh... where did I clean just now? ?"

Li Qin was stunned by her question. Shouldn't the young mistress say a few nice words at this time and ask her to take care of her more?

Her lips moved, but she still answered: "The living room and the kitchen."