11: Back on Earth

Third Person POV:

Back on Earth, while the famed heroes of their town and more places were away, things looked grim. Eggman and his crew were burning and destroying lives, made his own Eggtropolis and forced innocent civilians to work and burn blood and sweat for him. 

But in chaos, good will soon rise. But the question is... When?

?????: Over here! It's safe, no Badniks come here. We'll be fine here until then.

Child 1: But Miss Maria, what about the others?

Maria: They've been caught by Eggman, but It's okay, we'll get them.

Child 2: I miss Sonic and his team, they always save us from danger but now, they are missing!

Maria: I know, It hurts to even imagine.

*CRASH!!!*

Several badniks walk past the tight alleyway they were in, carrying two people.

Child 1: Those are my parents! Mommy!

Maria: Shhh... Be quiet, they could take you too.

Once the robots were safe distance away from them, The Blonde hair bun woman pulled the children deeper into the alleyway and whispered to them.

Maria: Okay, the police cant do anything, Sonic team is gone, so do you know what we're gonna do?

Child 1: huddle up in a blanket and hide?

Maria: No... You're gonna help me get back your parents!

Child 2: Wait, us? but we have 0 training!

Maria: maybe, but I know a thing or two from my past that I still remember. 

Child 2: Okay then! We trust you Miss Maria!

Maria: I'm glad you do.

Maria pulled out a map and placed It on top of a box and spread It out. The kids observed the funny looking space ship.

Child 2: Wait, Is that the Space Colony ARK? Isn't It broken, I mean It's just floating around the earth!

Maria: No, Not fully broken. We are gonna go there.

The two kids jaws dropped and looked at Maria in shock.

Maria: Well maybe not you, maybe just me, then you can help by communicating with me from here on Earth.

Child 2: whaaaaaaaaat

Child 1: But Miss, you've never been in there!

Maria: Silly, I have! I lived there.

Child 1&2: HOW?!

Maria: That's a story for another time. Now here's the plan.

She pointed at a certain part of the ARK, the Eclipse Cannon.

Maria: This is the Eclipse Cannon, disabled by Shadow the Hedgehog and Sonic the Hedgehog. "Disabled" yes, not destroyed, somehow It can still be activated, and I know how to fix It, I just need to get there.

Once more, she pulled something from her bag, a very shiny and glowing item, a chaos emerald. A blue one.

Child 2: woah.

Maria: I'll teleport there with this, If It can reach it, I hope. Then we'll be speaking through coms, I'll give you a communicator. If we time It right, The cannon will be aimed directly at Eggman's lair, but now is not the time. The ark is all the way at the other side of the world.

The two kids were nervous, but agreed anyway. They all smiled as a sign of agreement. Maria then led the children to her house for them to stay there for a while. 

Inside her house, It was a mess, robots attacked her here trying to make her a slave but she survived by destroying It. The only thing that survived without a scratch was a picture of her, her grandfather and her best friend.

Maria was claimed dead and left on the ARK, but she awoke after a few hours, she had not been shot since It missed but the sound of the gun shot startled her and made her faint, she was in so much panic that she thought she was about to die. But how is she in good shape today despite being really old? She experimented on herself with the remaining mixtures left in her grandfathers lab. With an accident while trying to make a second Shadow to be her com[any on the ARK, she made herself immortal. Just like him.

But showing herself to Shadow in the middle of his heroic battles would mean he would forget all his time being a hero and leave with her, but she saw how much his friends cared for him and how the world loved him. She decided to stay quiet ever since. But now was her time to rise and take Shadow's place as a substitute until they are back. Now It's only a matter of time until the two meet.