20: Memory Lane

Chapter 20: "Memory Lane."

Sonic's POV:

We were walking through the burned down and fully brand new city, it was silence through out, we encountered a few badniks but we passed them easily without getting spotted.

They air was thick when we reached a part of town were there were less fire and it was more of an abandoned feel despite having a few other people like us and real humans living there to escape from the badniks.

Tails: "I remember when we used to run around here and save people."

Amy: "Remind me again why we moved to a remote island on the other side of the world?"

Tails: "Well, we grew up, maybe the city was getting too crowded, and we already had a few other friends saving the city. I guess Eggman just followed us. And Shadow, he started living there too I suppose."

Amy: "I remember when Knuckles still had a fixed brain."

Knuckles: "Why? What happened? I don't remember."

Tails: "You fell off my plane when we were travelling to the Island and your head hit first, making you stupid."

Knuckles: "I was... I was smart?!"

Tails: "You were! Well, not really but, you had a sturdy sense of mind."

Knuckles: "Wow..."

I grunted, feeling the memories start flooding in again, I felt some sense of comfort, but it wasn't enough to snap Shadow out of my mind.

Sonic: "While you three are strolling on memory lane, can someone help me look for a place to rest, or are you just gonna walk and talk?"

Tails: "Okay no-pants. But, you cant deny that it's nice to have the good city memories back!"

I chuckled, he was right. I looked up and flinched.

Sonic: "Guys, what's that?.."

Everyone looked up.

Amy: "Badniks? But they're... Powered off?"

Knuckles: "They look funny hanging from those wires!"

Suddenly they powered on, with a whole new look.

Sonic: "Wow! Thanks Amy for getting us jinxed!"

Tails: "DUCK!!!"

We braced ourselves when the badniks fell down on us, but suddenly, something pushed us over. We were shoved in an alleyway and before we know it, the badniks were shot and comepletely powered off now. 

Amy: "What the?! Who saved us?!"

Tails: "I cant see anything, this alleyway is so dim lit!"

I stood up and walked towards the sound of the shooting, the light was finally starting to turn up. There was a mysterious person, not a human, they were like us, but they had a cloak on. Then, the took the hood off and there I saw...

Sonic: "R.... Rouge?!"

She turned to me with a smile. 

Rouge: "Long time no see Blue Blur!"

I grinned widely in the excitement to see Rouge, Shadow's best friend! Finally someone who's a connection to Shadow. The rest of the team ran to her and hugged her.

Amy: "Rouge! We missed you so much!"

Rouge: "It's been so many years! there was no way I was going along with you all on that island!"