22. Eggmaniac!

Chapter 22 - "Eggmaniac!"

Sonic's POV:

I shut the glass doors behind me as I entered the building, my hands and feet were covered in mechanical oil that it looked like a literal void. I wiped the oil from my face and let go of a sigh I never knew I held in, I looked at the multiple robot cores in my hand that I collected from absolutely destroying those badniks. 

The whole fight with me and the bots were quite... Violent, gory, unpleasant. I didn't know I had that in me! The way the wires just crawl out their bodies and the oil splattering everywhere! It's all so... Weird, and yet calming. 

I started walking, looking for a way to find Eggman, the first floor was completely empty, no badniks or such, I assumed they were all at the top floor where Eggman usually puts his base. My feet leaving oil tracks, it was kind of slippery but I didn't mind.

Just there I realized I was in an office, a very fancy one indeed. I found a working elevator and clicked on the 81st floor which was the highest floor, as the elevator was going up, I leaned on the walls calming myself down first and also thinking of a way to stop Eggman.

I reached the floor and as the doors open, Badniks everywhere, and they looked a lot stronger than the ones at the bottom.

Sonic: "Are we gonna do this all over again?"

Before I charged my stance, the 2 big doors to Eggman's office opened, and there he was sitting 'professionally' on his office chair and the huge Crystal Bomb behind him. Yes, the same one he used to banish us all out.

Eggman: "So, you got back from the planet huh? Word spreads fast."

He teasingly said, while waving my ripped scarf in the air.

Sonic: "Yeah, you think it'd be that easy to get rid of us?"

Eggman: "But you just couldn't help the need to get rid of a few heavy things and just decided to leave them on the planet."

Sonic: "What do you mean?.."

I walked past the badniks who let me pass through, and now I was in front of Eggman.

Eggman: "I've been getting news that you left your little Stick friend lives there now, and... Shadow too?"

My eyes widen, not him too..

Eggman: "And I've got good news and bad news for you."

He stands up and leads me to the huge Crystal bomb behind him. I noticed a few cracks on it and it's color seems to be dilating.

Eggman: "When I was mining in the deep caves of our little neighboring islands, I found this weird material, explosive, and the ability to warp through time and space. Neat, no? It struck me there to use it against you, so I went through experiments and tests to solidify my dream to defea---"

Sonic: "Get to the point Egg-head. There's no way I'm gonna listen to your whole plan."

He paused for a bit.

Eggman: "Well, you wont understand it if I just summari---"

Sonic: "Blah, blah, blah! Get to it!"

He groaned, fixing his coat.

Eggman: "It's corrupted."

My eyes lit up, now more questions were flooding through.

Sonic: "What do you mean?"

Eggman: "Here comes the good news, you wont be seeing anymore or planet travelling from me."

Sonic: "Answer me question, dangit."

He eyed me with annoyance yet he tried to hide it.

Eggman: "Bad news is... You wont be seeing your Stick friend and Shadow any longer."

I stared at him, shook. What the heck?! Is he telling the truth?..

Sonic: "Liar. I am not losing Shadow."

Eggman: "Eh..- M-Maybe I didn't test run the material enough that I didn't know it was corrupted, and if this corrupts even more, it breaks and there's no way of getting back to that planet anymore."

Sonic: "There has to be other crystals."

Eggman: "They're all up at that other plant remember? It was with the islands that got teleported with you."

Sonic: "Idiot!"

I ran up to him, wrapping my hands around his fat neck, choking him on the spot, I was lucky the door behind us was closed so no badnik could see. But it wasn't so lucky for him.

Sonic: "You're lying to me!"

He escaped from my grasp and backed away.

Eggman: "Listen to me Sonic! It could self destruct any moment right now! Any action against this crystal could trigger it and teleport you back on that island! And it's corrupted remember?"

I grunted and charged at him, knocking him down on the floor, he got a remote from his pocket and pressed a red button. Soon all the badniks started pouring in the room, I had no choice but to let go of Eggman and blow off the robots first.

Just like before, It was gory since I kind of figured out their weak spot, except this was a little harder. I was punching and kicking robots until I saw Eggman leaving the scene, I tried running to him but the badniks blocked my path, I got furious and really started to pour all my anger into these artificial intelligence beings.

I was shoving them aside and throwing the in the air, but I've forgotten haven't I? The crystal is too fragile to be handling all of this, but I only realized that after I accidentally threw a badnik into the crystal bomb.

That's right!

Sonic: "Oh.. sh-t."

BACK TO SQUARE ONE.

The crystal started glitching and cracking, sparks flew, it was gonna teleport me back to that stupid planet. I rushed to the door but Eggman locked it from the outside, I cried for help as I tried to bust open the metal 8 inch thick doors. I look to option two, jump out the window, but before I could even get there the crystal already exploded in my face.

And I think you can guess what happened already... I woke up right away in a familiar place, the same planet from before, and it seems to my luck that I ended up in front of Stix's palace and it's still standing.

I got up, processing what happened. I panicked, hyperventilating too, I pulled my quills out of frustration and my eyes looking everywhere quickly. I tried to calm down, trying to regulate my breathing, I inhaled and exhaled and took more deep breaths.

Letting go of my quills, standing up straight, wiping away tears and looking like nothing had happened. I turn around the face the doors to Stix's Palace, with still a hint of worry and nervousness in my eyes.

But I stop, my eyes widen, staring at the person in front of me. then I couldn't hold it in anymore, more tears fall down my eyes and I ran to hug them. The biggest hug I've ever given someone. 

do ya'll read the authors note?

Author: aaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAH 5K?!??!? REALLY?!??! how come?! ya'll are crazy. But me too!  here, have a chapter where sonic goes back to tht planet, anyway do ya'll know how to get them back to earth?...

It was a question, lol I just make these story plots out of the ordinary and the end isn't even justified yet. But it includes lots of 'somehow emotional' roads and uh, maybeeee one more dramatic arguement scene? no promises.