Chapter 37

"Back then, when we visited the elementary school, you seemed to really like that boy" Jisung stated, his head on Minho's lap as the latter was caressing his hair sweetly

"Mmh" Minho hummed in agreement, eyes directed to the television as the news were on

"Why?" Jisung asked curiously, head tilting slightly backwards, just enough to watch Minho's face as he looked back at him

"I found him during a mission" Minho stated, eyes saddening a bit "His parents were indebted by my father's gang, so I somehow needed to kill him. You know, I told you about my dad's methods" He explained shamefully

"Poor kid" Jisung sighed "His parents must have been treating him bad, no?"

"Yep. They were addicts, and the kid wasn't even 3 at the time. A literal baby. He was mistreated already" He confirmed and Jisung pouted in compassion.

"What did you do then?"

"I kinda kidnapped him, and brought him to the teacher you saw before. I explained to her that he was in danger and she gladly accepted to take care of him. She already had started taking a few kids by her side when endangered" He explained to the now smiling boy

"She seems amazing" He said, smile widening

"She's an angel. Her, her husband and her siblings work in the school system of the city. They take care of kids that come from difficult families and provide care for them"

"Sorry to interrupt that heartwarming conversation" Chan interrupted as he walked to the two boys "But I need a meeting" He added, and the two nodded in sync, standing up right away.

Arriving in the meeting room, all of them were already sitting, ready to start.

"Okay, so I have news on Jeongo" Chan stated, and Jisung almost immediately tensed.

Minho's hands subtly found Jisung's thigh, as he patted a few times to comfort the younger.

"I spent the last weeks sending men on his steps, and I may have found him" Chan stated, and immediately the ambiance of the room got more joyful.

"You didn't send us?" Hyunjin asked curiously

"After what happened, I preferred letting you out of it for a moment. But of course, you're the one that'll do the big intervention.

"When?" Jisung asked firmly, his hands clenching on his shirt.

"Soon, but not now" Chan tried to calm him down "I still need to make sure that the location is perfect, and that this time it is not a trap".

"How will the intervention go on?" Changbin asked curiously

"That is what I wanted to tell you" Chan said, as he sat down on his hair "For what I know, the place he currently is, is huge. There are many levels, and it seems to be highly protected by both men and technologies. For this mission, all of you will be needed, you and a few men for any departments. I'll need Hyunjin on snipers, as well as some you've trained and you'll locate well to protect them from outside. Felix will be the first one to enter the building, as a distraction, before Minho, Jisung and Changbin enter in a surprise. I'll need more men with you three, just to make sure Felix isn't endangered"

"If it's ready, why do we need more time?" Jisung asked, frowning

"Because you'll need time to get ready. I want you three to train harder than ever, as well as train the others that will follow you. But I'll also need Seungmin and Jeongin to prepare." He stated, turning to the two "You two will work together with the plans I'll send you for both things: analyze the technologies he has in his building, from security cameras to literal weapons, and to find a way to deactivate them. No one will enter that building before that is done." Chan insisted firmly.

"Okay" The two boys answered in sync, sighing as they know they'll have a few sleepless nights to come.

"Is it alright for everyone?" Chan asked loudly, and they all responded with a 'yes'.

Almost all of them.

Jisung only hummed, eyes avoiding Chan's, as he stood up and left the room quickly before the others.

Minho followed him closely, knowing he was most likely freaking out about the idea of waiting more time.

He saw him close from their rooms, as he ran to him and grabbed him by the waist, pulling him closer as he swung left to right to calm his nerves.

"You scared me" Jisung muttered, not expecting anyone to grab him like that right now.

"Sorry" Minho softly said, before pushing him to his room.

They sat on the little couch in Minho's room, as he stared at him, waiting for him to open up.

"I just can't wait to rip his head off" Jisung blurted out, shaking his head in annoyment

"I know you do, but patience" Minho said, voice as calm as he could

"I can't with patience anymore" Jisung said, his hand punching his knee anxiously

"It's better that than risking our lives for nothing" Minho defended

"You're right, but-" He started, but got cut off as Minho pushed his hand out of his knee.

"No" Minho firmly said "There is no but" He added, tone softening "Stop letting that asshole into your pretty mind every time, you deserve more than that"

"How am I supposed to? It's easy for you to say" Jisung responded angrily, scoffing in annoyment.

"Hey. I know I'm not you. But I'm here for you, and I would love to take all these thoughts out of your mind. I know I can't, but you can. With time and care, but you'll be able to. I trust you, and I'll help you with anything I can do" Minho soothingly stated, insisting on every words as Jisung's head lowered, letting every words reach him.

Jisung didn't answer, he simply glanced back at Minho, as his eyes softened. His heart clenched at every word he said, and he could already feel his mind soothening with the only sound of his reassuring and affirming words.

"You're right... sorr-" He started, but got interrupted by the older who grabbed his hand and tightened his hold on him.

"Stop apologizing for that matter. I don't mind" Minho reassured

"How did you go from mean to soft so quickly?" Jisung giggled as he remembered their firsts interactions

"I'm multifaceted" Minho responded sassily

"Nah, you're just awfully cheesy" Jisung teased, smiling warmly at his lover.

He looked over at the younger, noticing his teasing smile as he couldn't help but smile back, before shuffling a little close to him.

Minho pulled Jisung on his lap, as he snaked his hand around his waist and brought him closer to his chest, caressing his back softly as he pecked the boy's forehead.

Jisung let himself fall in Minho's warmth, appreciating every soothing little caress and touches the other was doing, as he raised his head back to face Minho. He leaned in and cutely pecked Minho's lips, both of them smiling into the little kiss.

Jisung's eyes half closed as he loved the setting, and he leaned in once again, deepening the kiss he tried just before.

"I know a way for you to make me forget a little bit"

"Mmh? Really?"