Chapter 49

Minho ran to the school.

He felt anxiety coursing through his veins as he tried to understand what could have happened.

What kind of mistake had made Seungwoo run away alone stupidly? Was he playing outside and lost himself somewhere? He gritted his teeth at the thought.

Arriving at the school, panting and exhausted, the teacher ran to him, concern noticeable on her eyes.

"Thank you so much for coming, Lee Know!" She gratefully thanked, words rushing as she was worried.

"No problem, calm down and tell me everything" Minho responded, noticing the way she couldn't stop shifting uncontrollably.

They sat down in the classroom, as he tried to explain to him the matter.

"I usually let the kids in their dorms when I'm busy with the showers. It usually takes 10 minutes per kid to clean them up, and I come back and check if they're all here every single time" She said with a long sigh "When I came back to take Seungwoo for the shower, he disappeared completely. He was there 10 minutes before!"

"How many kids do you take care of at night?" Minho asked

"I have 10 kids without parents" She responded

"Okay, so it's not that long"

"Not at all!" She exclaimed in pure distress "I've never had any problems with that!"

"It's okay, we'll find out what happened. Don't blame yourself" He said as he brushed his forehead to think

"Is there cameras?" He asked

"You know we don't since the last attack..." She responded, helplessly

A knock was heard at the door, and suddenly, another kid entered the room, eyes red and swollen.

"Is there something wrong?" She asked worriedly

"Ma'am... I think I did something bad..." He said, voice shaky

"Are you talking about Seungwoo?" She asked in surprise, her hopes rising up.

"I saw him..." He responded, hands shaking

"Where did he go?" Minho gently asked, and noticed the way the little boy's lips started trembling

"Someone took him"

Back in the mansion, the meeting had continued, and had finally finished.

Jisung stood up from his chair as he stirred, the meeting had been really long and he felt the need to crawl into his bed for a good night's sleep.

But he got frightened as the door opened violently, revealing a distressed Minho, holding a kiddo's hand as he brought him in.

"M-Minho?" Chan asked in distress

They weren't wearing masks, and Minho had taken his own off. There was a kid with them, what was he thinking?

"Sorry to interrupt, it may be an emergency" Minho said panting, as he gently pulled the kid forward as everyone could see the fear in his eyes and the tears on his little cheeks. "Please members, listen to him. I know I'm not as good as you all are to think, and Seungwoo's situation is urgent"

Jisung felt his heart shatter at Minho's wavering voice, but decided to stick to his first idea. This whole thing didn't concern him, nor Jeongho. He didn't have to listen to that, or to act on that. That concerned Stray kids.

He slowly walked to the door, but his feet came to a halt as the kid started talking.

"I... I was just playing outside and Woo yelled at me cuz I wasn't supposed to be outside at that hour..." He said, slurring in his words because of the tears "A strange man came to me and he scared me a lot... Woo just tried to help me... There was this man outside trying to talk to us, and he had a hand on my shoulder, and he pulled me!" He continued to tell his story, as the members listened closely as they tried hard to understand the kid's words.