Chapter 41

He entered the room, closing the door beside him as he looked around in the darkened room.

"How did you find me?" His voice resonated inside his crane, as he stared in front of him.

He narrowed his eyes as the office's chair in front of him turned, revealing the man he had been searching for.

He raised his gun and pointed it at the man. He didn't even think before pulling the trigger, the bullet escaping his gun as it started coursing to the man.

But Jisung had no idea how much technologies had evolved under this devil's hand.

A synergetic wall was built, and it stopped the bullet from going through as the man smirked evilly at him.

"My dear, no" He said, chuckling dryly "Too easy"

Jisung felt his blood freezing as he realized why Chan needed more time. He felt his throat go dry as Jeongho stood up from his chair and walked forward, sitting on his desk as he crossed his arms.

"How did you find me?" Jeongho repeated

"I hacked into Chan's data" Jisung admitted, putting his gun back in place as it wasn't useful there.

"They might really think that you're their enemy at this point" Jeongho mocked with a chuckle, making Jisung glare at him harder.

"Shut the fuck up" He yelled, eyes narrowing

"I had fun doing that" Jeongho admitted, a crooked smile on his lips.

"Why them? Why target them?" Jisung asked curiously, clenching his fists tightly.

"I don't care about them, Jisung"

"What?"

"I bluffed" He admitted, and Jisung's stomach churned

"You what?"

"I have those few informations, but I know I can't erase Stray Kids from the map just like that. I don't own that many infos"

"Wh-"

"And to be honest, I don't care much about them. I don't think they're a menace to me" He added with a shrug

"They're strong" Jisung corrected firmly

"But they gave me no reason to be scared of them. In all honesty, the one I was scared of, was you"

"Me?" Jisung asked in astonishment, his eyes widening.

"Yeah" He smiled widely "With associating with Stray Kids, I knew you could have enough strength to fight me, and that was a scenario I wanted to avoid"

"...I don't get it"

"I've watched you from afar" He said as he approached him "As soon as you escaped, I knew you'll want a revenge, just like all the other kids there"

"You fucker" Jisung tightened his jaw in fury

"But then I've seen how many people you've killed... And I got scared, so I needed a way to weaken you" He explained with a chuckle "What a better way than to destroy you emotionally?"

"You haven't" Jisung denied firmly

"Oh I haven't?" He said with a pouty face "So you don't want to admit that your friends turning their back on you hasn't broken you?"

"They wouldn't have if you didn't manipulated them"

"They trusted me quickly for people supposed to hate me" Jeongho defended, noticing the slight twitch on Jisung's eyebrows

"You gave them reasons to, they had all the rights to doubt" Jisung defended them, not wanting to point his finger at them "It's not easy to be put at their place"

"Well, then you shouldn't be sad that your little boyfriend wanted to eliminate you?" He said, and Jisung froze.

Minho...

The sight of the older's face lowering down, tears falling from his face... That had gave him too many nightmares lately.

"... He's loyal to his gang" Jisung defended, voice breaking slightly

"Yeah" He said with a sickening smile, glad to have pressed where it hurts "And that didn't break your soul, right?"

"Shut the fuck up" Jisung growled

"Ooh, it did right?" He added with a chuckle "That was the plan, now you're all alone, and at my mercy"

"I'm not, I'm gonna ki-"

The sound of a shotgun resonated through the room, as Jisung took a step forward at the impact.

His eyes widened as he felt it on his back.

He fell on the ground, feeling his whole body freezing.

"Good job Ray" Jeongho as he looked at the door, where Ray had entered silently.

Jeongho walked to a laying Jisung, as he grabbed him by the collar and raised him up.

Jisung was gritting his teeth.

"You're mad, aren't you?" Jeongho said, before wincing loudly as he felt his wrist getting cut. 

He threw Jisung to the ground as he wrapped his hand around his wrist, trying to stop the blood from running.

He looked back at Jisung on the ground, laying on his back as he frowned in pain, a knife perfectly held in his hand.

"You shithead" Ray growled as he ran to Jisung, stepping harshly on his hand so he would drop his knife, before punching him repeatedly in the face.

Jisung didn't say anything as he let every punch launch on him, not even strenght to fight back as he felt his lids heavy with sleep.

"Ray, move" Jeongho said, voice firm as he approached Jisung.

He raised him by his collar once again, his sickening grin not apparent anymore as he pushed him to his window.

"You'll finally stop pestering him" "Goodbye, fucking insect" He said, before kicking him harshly on the stomach.

The hit was strong, and was enough to break the window where Jisung was holding up.

The glass broke, making Jisung stumbled back as he fell.

There weren't too many levels, but enough for the fall to be deadly, and that frightened Jisung to the core.

He closed his eyes as he felt his body flying through the air.

He may have rewinded his whole life from those few seconds, his entire past flashing through his eyes in that very moment.

He saw the pain, the sadness of his life, the hurt in his stomach, his skin crawling every second of his miserable childhood.

But he also saw Minho, his pretty Minho.

His words, his laugh and his smile, he remembered it all, and that may have warmed his heart.

He smiled to himself, maybe he'll finally get a little bit of peace.

And then...

nothing.