Chapter 03

Zubair's mom : Do one thing beta. Take a baby. Maybe everything will be fine.

Meerab was silently listening to her mother-in-law. Zubair's mom also started talking like her mother.

Can a child really sustain such a relationship?

Will all her troubles really go away when the baby arrives?

Thinking about all this, Meerab's head was aching more and more. She said,"Maa. I take some rest."

Zubair's mom : Yes beta. You should take rest. You go to your room. I'm bringing something for you to eat.

Meerab didn't say anything. Her mother-in-law brought some snacks for her and she ate them.

While she was taking medicine, a call came again from the same number on her phone. She felt a little annoyed and hang up the call.

Who is calling her so many times and who is the person who knows her?

She was having a headache thinking about all this.

Zubair came home at noon. Zubair came on leave from the office because she was sick.

Unbeknownst to her, she said to herself,
'He's not as bad as he shows. He has taken leave for my illness.'

The two men behind Zubair brought a lot of groceries. Meerab was a little surprised to see everything.

Zubair's mom : What is this Zubair.! All this? And you took leave today because Meerab is ill?

Zubair : Mom, am I going to excuse everyone now? Why am I coming? Why am I doing this?

Zubair's mom : I didn't mean to say that.

Zubair : Meerab,,,,,,,,, Come here.

Meerab went near Zubair.

Zubair : My boss will come from the office along with some of my colleagues. They will have dinner here tonight. Cook everything quickly and make sure everything is perfect. Agar kuch galat hoya, toh dekh lena.

Meerab had a smile on her face a few moments ago thinking that Zubair thinks for her but at the moment all finished. She is just a maid to Zubair and nothing but a thing to fulfil the needs.

She nodded her head. Saying yes, she was going, then Zubair's mother said,

'What is this Zubair? Meerab has high fever. And you're asking her to cook for many people? What would happen if you invited them later?'

Zubair : Maa, jeyada maat samjhiye. Meerab doesn't look sick. She is doing all this drama to survive from work. (To Meerab) And Meerab!! Standing here, don't listen to our words and go to work. I am coming after getting fresh.

Meerab went to the kitchen and took out all the vegetables. Zubair's mother came to help her while Meerab was cutting vegetables. She cooked everything and Zubairs mother helped her to cook everything.

It's evening, Meerab decorated the whole house beautifully. She had high fever and as if her body was no longer working. Yet she was doing everything with a smile on her face. After arranging everything beautifully, Zubair came and said to her,

Zubair : Go and wear a beautiful sari. And yes!! Get ready nicely. OK? I don't want my colleague to laugh after seeing your that famous brand outfit.

Meerab quietly went to her room hearing this. She wanted to cry but she didn't let her tears fall.

This is how some girls have to endure all that in life.

What else to do where her parents do not support?