Chapter 29: From Gloom To Anger

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{FROM GLOOM TO ANGER}
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
______________________________________
♡♥♡♥♡

A/N: Apologies for the late update :')
...........................................................

"(Y/N)! Wait up for me!" A familiar voice made me halt my steps. I sighed before angrily turning back to glare at the owner of the voice.

"What, Jenna?!" I crossed my arms in front of my chest. She stopped before me to catch her breath from all the running she did while following me.

"..are you angry at me?" She nervously fiddled with her fingers, avoiding my eyes.

"What do you think?!" I snapped, feeling a tinge of remorse when she flinched at my harsh tone. "You told that guy that I like him! You idiot, I don't even know his name!" My cheeks flushed when I thought back to the embarrassing scene that played out in my classroom this morning.

"But he's so cute! He was the one who had returned your hanky when you dropped it in the hallway!" She argued.

"So?!"

"So he should be your boyfriend!!" She squealed.

"Jenna! We're only 12! I don't need a boyfriend! Boys are disgusting!" My nose scrunched up, making me display an expression of disgust.

"...oh.."

"...."

"...."

"...."

"So you want a girlfriend?!!!"

I face palmed myself and shook my head at her.

Her innocence was something I so adored. She found joy even in the smallest of things. Puppies, flowers, my grandmother's chocolate cookies, you name it. She never had any of those crazily big dreams or wishes of gaining those materialistic things which have no significance in the long run.

She was just a simple girl living her life to the fullest, no matter what the situation.

And even if she was sad or feeling down, whenever she'd see me, she'd always give me that bubbly smile of hers.

"You always make me smile." She'd say in a tone so sincere that would always make my heart melt.

"I didn't know you find my face that funny." I'd jokingly reply.

"What.. No! No no no! You're so pretty! I mean.. I think you're beautiful! Wait, no.. You are beautiful!... W-what I meant to say was that I don't find your face funny!" She'd say in a panicked tone, not wanting to offend me.

Often times, she'd neglect her own feelings to prioritise mine or Sylvia's. She always said that she hated to see us sad... That a frown doesn't suit us. That-

"You should always keep smiling, (Y/N). You know I like your smile the best. It's so pretty..." She'd sigh dreamily, making me release a chuckle.

She was sensitive. Crying easily, sympathising with others. She cared deeply for those dear to her. And animals... Animals always had a special place in her heart.

"Please don't cry, Jenna..." I tried to console her but it had minimal effect on her.

"Why is she not waking up, (Y/N)? Kiwi is not.. She's not gone.. Right?" She longed to hear the words that would've been nothing but a lie as she tried to wake up the stray kitten that she had grown so fond of.