Chapter 47: Simba

~~~~~~~
{Simba}
~~~~~~~
______________________________________
♡♥♡♥♡

Suffocation.

That was the only thing I felt in the predicament I was forced to fall into. With dried tear marks still evident on my face, the cool sensation they made persistent on my skin and a new layer of moisture coating over my dull eyes, I laid helpless, trapped in the arms of the Charmer who refused to leave me alone even for a second.

After what Cassius did to me- a simple glimpse into that incident through my memories left me pained whenever I thought back to it- Kian refuses to let me out of his sight.

Cassius- no... That's not Cassius... Whoever that demon is, has made persistent attempts to get close to me again but each time, Kian intervened and all it resulted was into splatters of blood being splashed on the walls and deep wounds and injuries on both the enraged demons as Reece and I sat holding each other in our arms, trying to contain back our cries but only fail.

Then, to not inflict anymore damage, the Shadow demon would stomp off in anger into the deeper ends of the forest to vent out his fury while the Charmer would clean up the mess he left behind.

Sniffling, I wiped away the stray tear that had rolled down my eyes, eliminating it from existence.

In this dark spiral of obsessive insanity I was pushed into, however, a little shine of hope still prevails.

My shine of hope.

My little knight.

My Reece.

The even falling and rising of his chest as he had my hand clutched tightly in his small ones resting peacefully atop his chest, gave me enough solace I needed to keep going through.

Even if Leon is not here with me, with us right now, I still have my brave son.

A small smile manifested over my lips as I looked at his calm sleeping face, the Charmer laying behind me with an arm fallen over my waist temporarily forgotten.

I tried to raise myself from Kian's strong hold as I placed a soft kiss on Reece's temple, being forced into my place between them again after as the Charmer subconsciously pulled me back.

I think I was prepared for another sleepless night.

***

"Tomorrow is the day."

"F*cking finally! That took forever!"

Areon gave one unimpressed look at Sylvia before turning to his army of demons, ready to address them for what was finally about to occur.

"I don't care what you do, who you kill-" He let his eyes travel over to each of their faces, his sharp irises making each of them freeze up in fear.

"I don't care if you live or you die, I want that human brought to me. Alive." He growled.

"I think it's time for my dear brother to lose his everything again."

"Sorry to burst your bubble but (Y/N) alone isn't his everything." Sylvia twirled a strand of her hair around her finger, playing with it as she spoke.

"That demon kid... What was his name again?... Hm. Reece. I've seen that your brother cares for that boy just as much he cares for my lovely (Y/N)." She smirked, approaching Areon.

"Why not take him too?" She suggested, malice dripping from each syllable of her voice as her eyes reflected a twisted pleasure.

"Killing him before their eyes would automatically kill both (Y/N) and Leon."